Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fake Daisy 300 Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidh5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fake Daisy 300 Scopes
    Posted: November-08-2011 at 12:26pm
I was talking with a friend the other day and the subject of fake model 300 scopes came up. While I know that they are out there as far as I know I have never seen one. My question is how do you tell them apart from the real things? Do they come with the eye piece?  A copy of the Original box? How well are they done such as the bluing the lense and such. It sounds like they must be pretty well executed if people are being fooled or are they just getting fleeced by unscrupulous sellers on Ebay?
I'm not buying anymore BB Guns.

I'm not buying any less either.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 1:41pm
Heard someone makes the mounts for the 300 scope but haven't heard where the scope itself is being made.I know there are fake bell targets being made,brought one of those stupid things about five years ago myself LOL
stevec
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 2:23pm
I doubt that making 'fake' 300 scopes would be economically feasible;  I have purchased after market rubber eye pieces (the original rubber pieces are mostly cracked and brittle), and various mount components, which does not detract from the scope.  I have 3 of these scopes, sold a fourth, and the buyer was delighted to get it, after market parts and all!

How would a "counterfeiter" stamp the rolled tube with the requisite stampings, not to mention fabricating the thing in its entirety.

Anyway, if someone had a shop and was manufacturing them, there would be a ready market for sure, but......it would be somewhat limited because it would be a niche market.
Semper Fi
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 2:49pm
It is like the fake bell targets I and others brought.Them things looke original but found out later they didn't have the pat number on it,the originals do.Thing about it is this guy showed a whole case of them.They were in boxes with the paper targets too.Said he found them in some old store or something like that.Paid 90.00 bucks for that thing LOL.Worked with some guys building a night club in Wash, DC about five years ago and they would go to China and come back with stuff like fake Rolex watches and stuff that they brought for a couple of dollars.Still wonder about those bell targets.See them on ebay now and then for about 30-40 bucks.I think the boxes and targets might pass for real but from what I heard if it dosen't have the pat # it is a fake.Anyone want to buy a real nice bell target lol
stevec
davidh5000 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidh5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 4:08am
You guys both make good points but with labor costs being what they are and the material prices as cheap as they are in China it wouldn't be all that cost prohibitive to knock a bunch out there. I myself have never seen any of them. I have only heard of 'em. I have seen the target bells that Steve is talking about on Ebay more than once though. I do agree that sometimes you don't have a choice but go with reproduction mounting pieces as well as the eye piece for the 300 scope. I am looking for an original eyepiece for a 300 scope right now and if I don't find one soon I may have to go the repro route to.

Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 1:56pm
David:   I have an original eyepiece that I removed from a original scope and replaced it with a after- market piece.  The after-market pieces cost me 21.00 each plus shipping; if you want this one, let me know.
Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidh5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 4:34pm
Hey Willie,  Thanks for the info. I an trying to work a deal on an original eyepiece right now. If the deal falls through I just may take you up on this deal. I will definately know by the weekend and will get back to you.

Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 8:54pm
Dave, you can have this eye piece for the cost of postage; I have had it at my work bench for a long time and have no intention of using it, don't really know why I have not deep-sixed the thing.  On another note, I had a Model 98 leather sling in pieces, but the hardware was still intact, was going to discard it but saw a listing on eBay, sooooo, listed mine and by golly, got $22.95 for it.  Unreal.  I mentioned that it was unrepairable but the hardware could be used by a shoe repairman to make another sling.

I sent you some photos of the poor distressed thing and you are welcomed to have it.
Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidh5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2011 at 6:42am
Thanks for your offer Willie, but I'm afraid it may get destroyed in shipping as fragile as it looksCry You never know what you may get for something on Ebay I did read about a guy that sold a half eaten grilled cheese sandwich on there a few years ago Wacko

stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2011 at 8:45am
There is an original eye piece on ebay with a little over a day to go.Just type in daisy scope and it will come up.Think it is up to about 13.00
stevec
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic