Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intro and question on 2202 magazine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoldsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2012 at 3:32pm
What is strange is they only will not go into the one gun.  The other two take the magazines fine.  Can't figure that one out.
I believe it says in the Daisy manual, remove the magazine by pushing it out from above.  I know I read it somewhere. 

Tried the Eagle magazine earlier today.  It has a 'slide' on the back that I believe is to push it out of a Ruger.  Noticed it was touching the trigger guards, so think 'that's what's keeping it from going in further'.  So filed it.  And it still wouldn't go further.  Going to try to get into the shop later and use the little belt sander.

No parts for sale.  I will be getting rid of at least two of the magazine rifles, but they're complete guns.  I'm thinking I'll probably get rid of all three, and just keep the single-shot.  But, if I do keep one, it will be the one with the Eagle magazine, because after this, if I get it working it should be no major problem to modifiy more for it. 
It ain't what your're told, it's what you know. - Granny Weatherwax
theoldsarge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoldsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2012 at 9:45pm
Here are the three manuals, for those that don't have them.
AND the manual for the lesser known Daisy Model 8.  Bet a buncha you didn't know about this one.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoldsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2012 at 8:34pm
Bleah.  Got in the shop yesterday, and hit the Eagle magzine with the little belt sander; should have tried it for fit more, and hit it less.  Tongue  It does fit.  Not really as tight as I would prefer, seems to rock, but should be acceptable.  I THINK it will feed rounds OK.  THINK it will, because I have some plastic dummy .22 rounds I used to check.  Well, the stupid dummy rounds are apparently just for revolvers, because they are shorter than a long rifle round, and pointy.  Don't feed worth a tinker's damn, and load almost as poorly.  I don't feel comfortable trying live rounds thru it, just in case - HUGE believer in 'just in case'.  No safe direction to point the gun, just in case.  So, need accurate sized dummy rounds.  I don't know how to make .22 dummy rounds, and can't find anyting on-line about doing it.  So, looks like I will have to order some.  I've had those plastic rounds for a little while now, but only glanced at them when I got them, then put them away, large mistake. 

OK, looks like a light at the end of the tunnel, and in this case it's daylight, and not a Troll with a flashlight.  May have a viable solution to the lack of magazine problem, but is going to take a bit of time to get dummy rounds to see for sure.   That 2212 looks pretty cool with that Eagle magazine stuck in it.  I would take a picture, but my camera batteries are low, again, so they're recharging - picture later.

Now to decide if I will take the belt sander to that Daisy magazine, so it will fit the 2212, or not.  Still not sure why it won't fit. 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoldsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 7:44pm
Very interesting.  Found out why the Daisy magazine is not going into my 2212 all the way.  The bolt is/was not correct.   It suddenly struck me to compare bolts, and the ones the magazine work in are different profiles on the bottom.  Swapped the bolt from one of the 2202s, popped it in the 2212, and the magazxine fit right in.  Glad I didn't go ape with the belt sander on the magazine.  So, now the Eagle will be going in the 2202, the one with the damaged buttplate.  Going to try to swap the good one, complete with rear sight, off.

Tried a couple of alternatives on feeding with the Eagle magazine, but then decided I'd just go ahead and buy some dummy rounds.   Should have them sometime in t he beginning of next week.  Forgot, and had to add the address of where I ordered the dummy rounds.  Also have some .22 magnums coming.  Prices very reasonable.  http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RSC&Product_Code=22LR%20DUMMIES
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoldsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2012 at 8:51pm
Got my dummy rounds.  Excellent.  Look just like the real thing, except for a tiny hole in the center of the bottom.  Feed great from the Daisy magazxines, just as long as you work the bolt kind of fast, work it slow and failure to feed every time.  Put some speed on it, and feeds every time, no prob.

The wrong bolt turned out to be a 2201 bolt.  They are not exactly the same as the 2202 bolts.  I've got the Eagle magaxzine 'almost' working.  It doesn't feed in all the way, lacks maybe 1/8", maybe less.  But I am sure it can be made to work.  Problem now is, work with which bolt?  If I make it to work with the 2202 bolt, I'm not sure it will work with the 2201 bolt.  I want to keep the 2202 bolt in the 2212, along with the Daisy magazine, because I think I can get rid of it easier that way.  But on the other hand, I would like to get the Eagle to work with that bolt.  Ah well, I guess I'll just go ahead and work on getting it working with the 2202 bolt, and include it with the 2213 if I can't get it working with the 2201 bolt also.  The 2201 bolt is now in the 2202 with the missing buttplate, undecided if I'll keep that one or not.  The Eagle magazines can be gotten for about $10 each, so I could modify several for it.  Problem is, modifying it is not turning into the cut and dry job I thought it would be, not bad, just more minor details than I'd ever figured on. 

I'm still working on it, never fear, but got other priorities that jumped ahead of it, so work on it has slowed.  Somehow lost the master for my chess set rook, so will need to make another, want to make some for toys for tots; got the rest of the masters, and working on a jig for painting a chess board in two easy steps.  Still need to make a master base for the chess pieces also, and that will also be used for checkers.  And canes, I need at least one spare cane, so designing a few different models, and will have a try at selling some also.  Got a couple of other projects going on also.  Bleah.  Bah.  Humbig.
Tawcoma26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tawcoma26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2012 at 11:41pm
hey oldsarge, any updates on the magazine?

I picked up model 2202 about a month ago and it had no magazine. I was thinking about using a Ruger mag and stumbled upon your post. Looks like everything is working fine for you right? How is it once its shot?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic