Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Successful CO2 200/300 Leak Repairs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantomkw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2013 at 5:23pm
Hello, I'm no expert, but here is a fix I read about on the Web, a couple of years ago. I had a Crosman 166 BB Repeater rifle that I've had since the 60's. The seals started to leak in the late 70's, so I just put it away. The Web article said that Crosman Pellgunoil would fix leaks in airguns. I ordered some over the Web, put a few drops on the CO2 powerlet end that fits againt the seals and put it in. It leaked for a few seconds, then sealed. I've been using the gun ever since with no problems. They call it the miracle oil. Not sure if it would help in this case, but it might be worth a try.

Mark
phantomkw5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantomkw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2013 at 5:34pm
Found the original article on the Crosman Pellgunoil that explains how it works. Here is the link.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/05/bbs-treasure-chest-miracle-oil.html

Mark
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2013 at 9:28pm
The D 200 has no positive seal on the piercing pin. It worked fine on the old Daisy Bullseye Jetts not well at all with modern Co2 carts. I've read you can replace the entire piercing assembly with a D1200 piercing assembly....called a piercing cup... that does have an actual seal on it. I've not tried it myself.

I have to disagree about the D 1200. The 1200 is cheap but I have had several and they were all VERY accurate. The most accurate bb pistol I ever shot. Very easy to reseal. One oring, maybe replace the piercing cup, and clean the delron seat for the bearing ball that plays the part of a valve stem.  A very simple...elegant design. The barrel assembly is the hammer....maybe why they are so accurate. In my humble opinion, a best buy at $35 for a good shooter. I won't be without one in my collection. I much prefer the earlier variants that are all metal with full adjustable rear sights. With this pistol adjustable rear sights make sense. They are that accurate. All parts available from Jim Coplen. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2013 at 9:39pm
Pellgun oil is good stuff...(I use ATF) but it only goes so far. If the seals/o rings are all dried out it will have limited success. Give it a try. Then you simply have to tear into the gun and replace the seals.
I happen to like Co2 guns....and I replace all the seals on every older gun I pick up on general principal. 
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 9:02am
mercabago55 
Did you ever get your D200 and D300 working?

RRyder95
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 9:01pm
Yes please keep us posted on your success with the D 200/300 reseal.
 I've had a couple of each over the years and all leaked around the piercing pin so off loaded them. Now I'm going to pick up one of those nice 200's you see for $45 boxed...just to see if I can work out a fix. How hard can it be?
Big smile
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2013 at 10:05am
Good Luck!, Keep us posted.
Ejwills
Ditscheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ditscheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2013 at 11:51pm
I have a co2 200 model the box is not the greatest but the gun is in great condition and only problem is all the co2 leaks out right away, I might consider trade for???? if anyone needs parts. my email is kirkditscheit@gmail.com
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 7:18pm
I did buy a beautiful D 200 in the box with the intention of getting it resealed if it was the last thing I did......looks like it will be one of the last things I do. I knew I was in trouble when the box boasted that "No orings are needed". Orings are easy to find and easy to replace. There are seals.....but the internal seals on the 200/300's are all proprietary and have not been available for decades. Must confess I gave up. Even a nice parts gun will still have 40-50 year old dried up seals in it...just like the seals in my very nice 200.  It's just not worth it to me. 
I love my D 1200's. Easy to work on (seal)....only three seals and one is an oring :)......parts still available from Jim Coplen.....very little to go wrong internally and very accurate shooters. 
jimmie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2014 at 11:34am
xxxxxxxxx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic