Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Successful CO2 200/300 Leak Repairs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2019 at 6:59pm
Hi glen , yep I know where you are talking about , we are by the old / new Y camp just beyond the new bridge going into Lincoln County  , you are welcome on the info , lots of keen minds on here for sure and i learn a bunch , take care .
Realshooter
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2019 at 11:15am
I think its best to just get some Secret Sauce, inexpensive and works great.

Ejwils.
Ejwills
gizmo1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2019 at 5:58pm
Well folks, I have bought someone else's problems.  The pistol came in today, looks are deceiving!
One good thing, no leaks.  But missing a spring (elevator)., and for some reason that locked up the trigger and will not load BB's.  So I guess it will be a wall decoration.  Maybe I'll shop around a find
a reliable repairman. 
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2019 at 8:49pm
Gizmo, are you talking about the spring in this picture?  If so, that spring should be fairly easily located.  And, that spring controls the trigger, not the elevator, so its absence would explain both problems.  If you're talking about the hidden spring that sits above the elevator, then yeah, that's more challenging.  

I was without a working 200 for a couple of years, and when I finally got another one working, I was surprised how much I'd missed it, and how much I like that gun.  They're worth jumping through a couple of hoops for, IMHO. ;) 

gizmo1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2019 at 3:57pm
You are right, it is the one that is on the top.
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 5:29pm
A while ago, a very good 200 mechanic sent me this information:

...this is the spring I use, for the straight spring starting from the first complete winding cut 10.  When the elevator is compressed the spring should have 1.5 to 2 pounds of pressure on it. To much and it will lock up and not enough it will act like a machine gun. 

https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/fasteners/hard-to-find/springs/3-16-x-1-1-2-x-020-wg-compression-springs-1-pcs/p-1446837.htm

I picked up a couple of those springs.. the minimum order was like 10, so I have some spare.  If you want, I can send you a couple for you to experiment with.  

gizmo1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 6:05pm
That would be nice of you to do.  By the way, I have a good friend that lives in Cochraton, PA., not sure of the spelling.  Thanks for your help.
gizmo1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 6:16pm
Forgot to say - My name is Glen Curtis.  Thanks again.
gizmo1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 7:17pm
I am new to the repair of the 200, so my question at this time, does the Elevator have any movement when pushed up or down?  It appears to me if the spring pushes down on the piston it would move.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 9:12pm
That link is busted for me, but it sounds like we have a spring match.  Really good teamwork on behalf of  BurghDude.  True spirit of the DaisyTalk board.
Be Prepared
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic