Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Successful CO2 200/300 Leak Repairs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2021 at 2:02am
Hi,
I just found this forum and thread. I have kept my 200 for many years and I'm wondering if Jimmie is still in the repair business? If so, please email me as I have another patient for you.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2021 at 6:48am
Unfortunately, Jimmy hasn't been around for a while- October 2016 was his last post, in this thread, anyway. I received no reply after asking him to contact me July 2019, and I have to assume he has moved on. I just hope he's well, and is still enjoying shooting his 200s. It's a shame he's not here. He's been a real asset to the community, and it would be great to hear from him again.  
dnchrist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnchrist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2021 at 5:12pm
  I'm a newbie too.   I was given a CO2-200 by a friend.  I have disassembled and cleaned.  As far as I can tell, it is all fully functional, but I am unable to load the 5 BBs in the magazine after loading them in the rear of the gun.  The elevator seems to be functioning properly in conjunction with the trigger and the mag loader lever.  I was able to fire one round, but not sure why.  Is there a special way to twist and turn after loading them in the back?  I do not have a manual, and have been unable to find one on the internet.  

Thanks!

Dave
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2021 at 4:55pm
There is a specific procedure for loading the gun. Also, newer model CO2 200 guns have a loading tab stop that's cast into the gun. The loading tab has to be slid over this stop in order for the magazine to fill. I'll include the loading instructions that came with the guns below. The top drawing is for the earlier guns, the bottom shows the newer type.

If your gun has a LOT NO. stamped into the right side, I'd appreciate knowing what it is for my database. It tells the month and year the gun was made.

M Braley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Braley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2021 at 10:24pm
I read on a forum few years back submitted by a daisy gunsmith the best oil to use is Robison lighter fluid couple drops on pin every change, anyone else read or hear this
alieid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alieid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2022 at 1:55pm
I have a Daisy 200 I've been messing with for some time.  I've been able to fix the leak around the piercing pin but can't fix a very minor leak where the "piston" comes out of the back.   I'm trying to MacGyver something but if someone has any ideas let me know!  I'm also pressurizing it with my air compressor to test instead of blowing through Co2 cartridges.  I was able to find a rubber tip that seals over the piercing pin that allows me to pressurize it.   
Rstin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2022 at 1:36am
I don't know if this helps, but i am a maintenance tech and on Some machines we use belts that are made of a very durable/dense plastic type material, it is made by one company and is called "eagle belting", it maybe urethane, it can be made to size for application, it's easily heated and bonds to itself really strong, I think one could make a simple mold on a lathe and maybe heat this up so you could fabricate a needed seal, I work six days a week and don't have time or the need for a seal, it is really tough stuff and does not distort, I have machining experience and cannot see why a mold would be very hard to make, it comes in orange and green colors, which is not important, I just said that so if you look it up you'll recognize it, if you don't know of any body that works with it, you might get a hold of the manufacturer to get a sample, try to get temp specs. so you know melting temps.
Hope this helps, out someone,

ROG,

Hope maybe this helps someone
sneitzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneitzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2023 at 9:44pm
Has anyone had any real luck recently repairing a 200 or finding seals?
I have replaced my piercing cup with one from a 1200 so I'm good there.
I mean for an internal leak.

I have tried the tips and trick found here (and elsewhere...) and still leaking.
schutzen-jager View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schutzen-jager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2023 at 7:36am
might be a fluke but, mine was purchased in 1965 + started leaking internally last year - i took it apart [ ugh ] + lubricated all seals with silicon paste - still working fine - 
whitedemo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitedemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2024 at 1:20pm
My 200 would kill a man it shoots so hard same with my co2 300 rifle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic