Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cost of a Model 106

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vietnamvet6869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cost of a Model 106
    Posted: August-27-2012 at 5:51pm
I am new to Daisy BB Gun collecting and need some help, I have a follow that has a model 106, the rifle has a small dent under the barrel, some of the paint or bluing has faded from the top of the barrel and the stock has the kids name carved on it. The follow is asking 125.00 is it worth it. Thanks for your help
bilbobaggins View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbobaggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 11:09am
Thr Blue Book of Air Guns shows the 106/90 per cent at $130.00. The 106 is pretty scrace. They are fragile and were used hard. I had to pay $55.00 plus postage to get mine repaired.
If you want a good one $125.00 is about what you will have to pay. 
BB
vietnamvet6869 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vietnamvet6869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 12:41pm
Thanks for the info
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2012 at 6:40pm
I was lucky to sell one that I had repaired, barely broke even; as shooters and useable, they are pitiful.  I thought that I would mount mine on a wall, but thought better of it.  I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but that specimen did not do well with the kids and Daisy did not develop any customer loyalty with that one.

It is a break barrel type, and the cocking mechanism had very thin hooks that ran along the receiver and had a amazing tendency to break, necessitating a rebuild; and there were no screws, as rivets were used and that complicated the repair process if you were lucky enough to locate that cocking lever device.
Semper Fi
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2018 at 8:29am
I know this is an old post, but where did bilbobaggins send his 106 to be repaired?Confused
dennis65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2018 at 4:10pm
I have one sitting here was gonna sell it no breaks on tabes cockes an shoot needs seals or oil a small chip in stock does have paint loss 85.00
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2018 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by RRyder95 RRyder95 wrote:

I know this is an old post, but where did bilbobaggins send his 106 to be repaired?Confused
I am not bilbobaggins, however I can answer where I sent mine: Dennis Baker, 937-935-4887 out of Mt Victory, OH.  Not sure, but I think I had sent along a new receiver that I had purchased on eBay.  Anyway, Dennis can repair just about any Daisy, 'cept for the Model 26 lol.  The are impossible to repair.
Semper Fi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic