Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Pony Express

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panchito54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Pony Express
    Posted: January-28-2013 at 12:04pm
Hello All:
Wanted a Daisy Pony Express, anyone have one for sale.
Thanks
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2013 at 7:56pm
I have one and have been thinking of selling it.
Semper Fi
panchito54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panchito54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2013 at 9:06am
Ok thanks very much,  if you decide to  sell it, let me know how much do you want and send me pictures to josevm37@yahoo.com.
Again thanks.
Rand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2013 at 1:24pm
What Daisy number and year of manufacture is the " PONY EXPRESS"
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 8:59pm
The Model 95B Poney Express Commemorative Edition Collector's Air Rifle was manufactured in 1999; there were 1,860 made; mine is 1,718/1,860.

It has a wood stock and forearm; beautiful gold toned barrel and receiver; plastic cocking lever; cross bolt trigger safety, avg muzzle velocity is 325 fps with a maximum range of 212 yards.  BB capacity is 700 rounds.

Some history:  On April 3, 1860, an express mail system was created to provide the fastest mail delivery from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean.  The Pony Express only lasted about a year and a half, but holds an integral place in American history.  The telegraph had yet to be invented, and during the beginning of the Civil War, swift communication was vital; the Pony Express provided just that.  The Pony Express was a relay system of horses and riders who rode day and night, summer and winter, covering distances of up to 2,000 miles.  Their treks from Misssouri to California could be brutal.  Riders faced storms, heat, Indians and exhaustion.  To provide fresh horses, the Pony Express established a network of 185 stations.  Riders would ride up to 100 miles and exchange their horses every 10 to 15 miles.  Averaging 10 mph, it took 10 to 15 days to complete one run.   The riders and horses of the Pony Express were true heroes and we at Daisy would like to commemorate this important time in our history by offering a very special Pony Express Commemorative Edition Collector's Air Rifle.

You can see that at 1,860 commemorative rifles, this is indeed a limited edition. In the 4 years that I have been haunting the auction sites, I have only seen one up for auction, and I was fortunate indeed to win it. 

I hve to ponder long and hard about parting with it.
Semper Fi
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 10:07pm

This is a beautiful gun, and mine is #809, and probably the last gun I would sell in my collection.

LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
Yng@hrt View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yng@hrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2018 at 12:31pm

I realize this is an old thread but I came across it in my search for the Pony Express Model 95B. Mine arrived yesterday & I can see why it’s a prize among collectors. This one is #210/1860, NIB, & is absolutely pristine. All the documents are with it including one that doubles as an affidavit verifying age for sale, & a write up of the gun indicating the gun is gold plated. I did not know this beforehand, certainly a welcome surprise.

For those interested you can read about it in the accompanying link to GTA. If you are a member you’ll be able to see the photos of the gun including all the documents. If you are not a member it only takes a couple of minutes to join. I do not know how to post pix on this site otherwise I would have posted them here.

Copy/paste the link below to your browser;

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=150274.0 

Favorite guns; Daisy's, Benji's & Sheridan's
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2018 at 8:54am
Thanks for the pictures.
That is one I have never seen.
Gary
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2018 at 9:28am
They are a beautiful gun.  My is number 2/1860.  Not a typo! 

Yng@hrt View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yng@hrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2018 at 12:21pm
You are welcome Gary.

Iceman- #2? That is amazing! Have you owned it since day one?
Favorite guns; Daisy's, Benji's & Sheridan's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic