Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

daisy model 15 for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard651 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: daisy model 15 for sale
    Posted: March-11-2013 at 5:13pm
I have a Daisy Model 15 (HKMP5K) complete with box and all items that came with it when new, including instructions, bag of softair BBs, unused practice targets, sling, and sling swivels.  The item is virtually new, as is the box and all contents.
I purchase this new in about 1978.  I was an adult, (age 27), at the time.  I have shot it several times, but other than tha,t it is as new.  Perfect condition, and never been handled by or played with by children.  Even the box is near perfect, (about 98% perfect).
I think it should go to a good home with someone who will enjoy it.
As anyone familiar with this gun is aware, by todays standards of air soft, (theses were called soft-air), the velocity and power is low.  However, it is an exact detailed replica of the MP5K submachine gun, and has no orange tip or other concession that makes it look like other than the real thing.
Exceptionally cool are the little "cartridges" that the BB's are loaded into, and how they eject when the action is pumped.
I understand that the Model 15 was one of the rarest of the entire softair series.
I offer this to members of the community before it goes to Ebay.
I am new to the forum and am not sure how to attach photos, but would of course provide photos for any interested party. If I cant get them posted here, I can always directly email them to an email address.

I am still researching what this item is worth. I would like to get some value for it, but since I have a very nice pension, I don't want or expect, or need to get top dollar for these items. I am more interested in someone who appreciates these thing have it. Smile ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Here is some old info on this gun from an expired web page:The GPCC Collectors Club

"One very interesting line of Daisy " BB" guns was their very short-lived "Softair" series, produced briefly in 1986-1987. Daisy apparently noticed that in Japan, there were several companies producing very realistic replicas of real guns (the Japanese are rarely permitted to own real guns, and these lifesize replicas which shoot BBs are a way of satisfying public demand to handle "guns"). The generic name for these guns is Airsoft, so Daisy decided to call their line of Japanese imports Softair!

Daisy offered a product line of 4 replica sub machine guns and a shotgun:

• Softair Model 12: the KG-9 (TEC-9 with silencer)
  • Softair Model 13: the Mini-Uzi
  • Softair Model 14: the Ruger Mini-14 with pistol grip
  • Softair Model 15: the H&K MP-5K
  • Softair Model 870: the Remington 870 Wingmaster Pump shotgun

Models 12 to 15 came boxed in a styrofoam cradle, with a glossy outer box top. The 870 came in a very authentic Remington-logo'ed long box, "just like a real one."

They also made a line of pistols:

• Softair Model 4: the Colt Python .44
  • Softair Model 8: the Luger 9mm
  • Softair Model 9: the Beretta M-92 U.S. Army sidearm
  • Softair Model 38: the Walther P-38
  • Softair Model 45: the Colt .45 Auto U.S. Army sidearm
  • Softair Model 57: .357 Magnum revolver
  • Softair Model 59: Smith and Wesson Model 59 automatic

The pistols all came packaged in a clear plastic shell, designed to hang on dealer racks.

The Maruzen Company of Japan manufactured the guns for Daisy (except for the Model 15 MP-5K, which was made by FalconToy Corp). The guns are typically marked with "ASGK" - Air Soft Gun Kumiai - a sort of Air Soft Gun Manufacturers' Association that set the performance safety standards for stock unmodified airsoft guns, much like what the Underwriters' Lab (UL) does for many common products. By the mid-90s, ASGK was replaced by JASG which was basically the same thing with a different name.

All the guns were single shot, and shot a low-power white plastic 6mm (1/4 inch) plastic ball "BB". The machine guns all have real 20-30 shot magazines, and plastic brass-colored bullets which accept a "BB" pushed into the tip. A spring-powered "firing pin" pushes the "BB" out of the barrel. All of the Softair guns have become difficult to locate. The Model 14 and 15 are extremely hard to find, especially in the original box. The Model 12 is the most common, followed by the Model 13, and then the 870 Shotgun. Daisy is not providing any response to inquiries about the history of this product line, and they have no replacement parts except for white BBs which can be obtained from any softair/airsoft source".

Rand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2013 at 9:27pm
In my daisy collection...one of my prie possessions is a new, in box model 12, metal, with clip and ammo. Seen them sell from $150-$200.
wizard651 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard651 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2013 at 2:20pm
thanks for the info brother.  That gives me some Idea.
Anyone on the site want this for $125 plus shipping before I hit Ebay?
Terran1n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terran1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 1:36am
Is it sold yet? 
Peace Within
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic