Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 21 double barrel BB gun for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EntreriX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 21 double barrel BB gun for sale
    Posted: November-20-2013 at 1:48pm
I have a rare Model 21 for sale.  It was my grandpas and I always played with it when I was kid.  When he passed I inherited this.  I'm don't know too much about condition, so I'll post lots of pictures.  I still has a few BBs in it, I tried both barrels and they work fine and are still pretty accurate.  I would really like this to go to someone that can appreciate it more than I can.
I'm looking to get $600 for it.

EntreriX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EntreriX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2013 at 10:54pm
Bump
AIRGUNNERMD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AIRGUNNERMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2013 at 8:13am
That's a real nice looking gun, and it is on my 'to collect' list.
I like it alot.
It does have some rust on the bottom of the trigger guard.
Unfortunately, my funds are depleted right now.
If you still have it at the end of February, I may
make you an offer.

As far as you know, is anything damaged, broken, or missing on the gun?
Also, does it have all the original parts?
EntreriX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EntreriX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2013 at 3:29pm
As fas as I can tell, it's not damaged or missing any parts. I shot it 8 times before I posted these photos to verify it still worked, and it shot very accurately. It has both barrel loaders, I only removed it so that I could take a photo of the inside of the barrels. I have no idea about replacement parts.. my grandpa owned it as long as I can remember. I played with it when I was just a small boy, and I'm 29 now. He never had anything replaced on it and always took good care of his guns. If there is anything you'd like a closer photo of, I would be glad to upload them for you.
AIRGUNNERMD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AIRGUNNERMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2013 at 9:51pm
Thanks for the info.
I think I can see enough of the gun from your pictures.
Just for your information:
According to the May, 2012 Bluebook of airguns, the best condition listed(95%) for
your particular gun is $800.  Your gun does have multiple
rust spots.  That will affect the value.  In my opinion, you
are asking too much for it, but I am no kind of expert.

There are guys on this forum that have lots of experience in
such things, and some of them have at least 100 guns.
Maybe one of the experienced Daisy collectors will chime in here, and give you their
honest estimate of what they think your gun is worth.

If I'm interested in your gun, I'll let you know.  If you don't hear from me by
late February, then I am probably looking at something else.
Thanks.
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 7:01am
I agree with Airgunnermd, that does seem to be quite a bit for this gun. Just from my experiance I normally see these guns sell between $500 to $800 depending on the condition of the gun. They can go for less then that also if the gun is in worse shape. My honest opinion (remember this is only my opinion and I am no pricing expert) I would value this gun at about $500 and this is just by looking at the pictures. This means that this is what I would feel comfortable paying for this gun and might not be what other people would value it at.

I think $1100 is more along what the value would be for the older Daisy Model 104 Double Barrel BB gun would be.

Once again, this is only my opinion from what I have seen over the years for what these guns normally sell for.
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 8:56am
I certainly agree with Tbird on value. A few weeks ago a Model 21 double barrel, new in box (very rare)was listed for a little over $1,000 on GunBroker. In my opinion, $1,000 plus would be more appropriate for the Model 104 in excellent condition.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 9:44am
I think the best way to see what it is worth is to go to the auction sites and see what matches the rifle the best and see what they are selling for.I agree that the price seems more in line for a 104 model
Stevec
davidh5000 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidh5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 10:12am
The last model 21 I sold I got $650 for. Except for a small dimple in the left side of the butt stock, it was in excellent condition.
I'm not buying anymore BB Guns.

I'm not buying any less either.
EntreriX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EntreriX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 10:20pm
I appreciate the information :-)  I really had no idea what it was worth, it was just a shot in the dark.  I had saw one go for $500 that was beat up and was missing a barrel loader, so I basically just priced off that.  But it's quite negotiable, I really don't know too much about these old guns like I said.  If someone is really interested in it, I am more than willing to make a fair deal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic