Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I’m looking for 70’s era bb gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m looking for 70’s era bb gun
    Posted: January-17-2005 at 6:33am

My first gun was a Daisy bb gun air rifle. My dad got it for me as a Christmas gift when I turned 10. It had a plastic stock, chrome center with a western design and dark barrel. I would love to get one for my son as his first gun. I don't see it offered at Daisy. Does this gun still exist? Thanks!

pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 7:28am
Do you know the model number? And was it a pump, lever action, or Co2? And did it shoot BB's or pellets?
camster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2005 at 5:03pm
I do not remember much about the gun. I loaded the BBs in the center section of the gun (from the side)and I remember it probably held about 20 or so. It was a lever action gun and shot only BBs. It was not CO2. Thanks for whatever help you can give me!
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2005 at 10:03pm

Hi

Sounds like it might have been an 1894 model but the recievers were black unless it was a Buffalo Bill model, that  reciever was silver.Daisy for Sears had some brass recievers

Stevec

camster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2005 at 4:10am
The silver Buffalo Bill model sounds like it! Are they still available for purchase? I LOVED that gun as a boy!
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2005 at 2:32pm

Try auctionarms.com they come on there ever now and then, but dont expect to get them cheap as they are quite collectable. You wish you would have kept it now dont you, lol. Or you can get a new version, the Winchester 1894 which is the same thing except it isnt silver and not a Buffalo Bill. Good luck!

camster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2005 at 12:14pm
Thanks for the advice on the Winchester. It is very similar to the Buffalo Bill Scout -- so I bought one!
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2005 at 1:12pm
No problem, glad to help when ever I can!
dennis@daisykin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis@daisykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2005 at 5:32am
Daisy did make a Model 25 pump with a Chrome plated receiver in the early 70's.  I have one that is a BB Gun and also one that has the cork shooting barrel in it.  They are pretty uncommon and ususlly have rust on the receiver.  The chrome plating didn't hold up too well.
Visit my web site at www.DaisyKing.com
Stejenma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stejenma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2005 at 10:26am

Hi--I found a Daisy BB Gun that belonged to my brotherwho has been deceased for 13 yrs so this my very well be what you are looking for. Plastic handle Western pattern with cougar head on both sides and three stars each side.  It has the  It's a Daisy in a circle with a screw in the center of it. There is a pledge on the end of the gun--I pledge to protect humans, property, animals etc. w/ a picture of a boy w/rifle.  model no. 111 Daisy MFG Co.

reg 827739 Rogers, Ark, USA and the pat. #'s  Could this be what you are looking for--it still has the bb's in it. I'm not a gun person so I know not what the parts of a gun are.  So if you have questions I would be glad to answer them--thanks jennifer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic