Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Springs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Springs
    Posted: February-09-2005 at 5:01pm

I have a red ryder about 1950 vintage. The plunger/seal has been replaced with the newer, rubber type seal. The spring itself has been shortened somewhat and I'd like to replace it with one of original length and power. Anybody know where I can get a spring for this gun or perhaps one from another model to fit? I don't expect A big power boost with a new spring, but would like to enhance the power. I polished the spring guides, spring ends, and also used moly-lube where needed. This helped somewhat, but sure would like to try a better spring.

bilbo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2005 at 5:10am

I HAVE A SPRING ASSEMBLY THAT CAME FROM A MODEL 155

YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT:   krrhodes_39@netzero.com

bilbo
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2005 at 3:14am

Hi

Be careful when changing the spring as the reason it was cut was so it will catch on the trigger.When the updated seal is used the old spring is to long and won't let it catch on the trigger,that is why you have to cut the spring

Stevec

Kevin D. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2005 at 3:18am
 Stevec is right. The rubber seal is soft and tears from the force of the spring,so the spring butts against a pin that is used to mount the seal,rather than the back of the seal. This is why when changing from leather to rubber seals the spring has to be shortened,other wise the spring binds and the gun won't cock.  You would have to try it and see though,because the newer guns have lighter springs for controlled velocity and could benefit from a spring change.KD

Edited by Kevin D.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2005 at 9:52am

Hey Kevin

You said it a whole lot better then me

Stevec

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic