Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

model identification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: model identification
    Posted: February-28-2005 at 12:33pm

I just found what I would presume to be an "old model" Red Ryder behind an old stand alone cabinet in our farm house (built in 1938).  Is there a way to determine the model and/or age of this?

The gun is pretty rusty and I have yet to clean it up.  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pfin

craftkid48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craftkid48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2005 at 3:12pm

Don't clean it! read the numbers off the top and post it, we can tell you what it is.

Dave

Dave
pfin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2005 at 12:24pm

Dave

the barrel is caked with rust and/or dirt.  any suggestions?

Pat

Kevin D. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2005 at 3:26pm
Here's something fro Bob's site, http://www.bbairguns.com/redryder.htm           It might just give you an idea of what you're looking for,if it's a Red  Ryder it should say so on the side of the stock. Otherwise you'll have to show a pic or read the stampings on the top of the reciever. HTH KD

Edited by Kevin D.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2005 at 1:27am

Hi

Try useing a mag glass to read the numbers

Stevec

bilbo View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2005 at 5:13am
THE BEST WAY I HAVE FOUND TO CLEAN OLD DAISY'S IS TO USE TRIPLE 000 STEEL WOOL AND OIL. USE PLENTY OF OIL WITH THE STEEL WOOL IT WILL REMOVE THE DIRT AND RUST WITHOUT HARMING WHAT BLUEING IS LEFT.
bilbo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic