Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted Red Ryder with Compass & Sundial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plevesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted Red Ryder with Compass & Sundial
    Posted: April-12-2005 at 2:49pm

Looking for original 1983 "Christmas Dream" Red Ryders with compass & sundial in the stock.  Let me know condition and asking price.

Thanks,

Paul

stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2005 at 10:05pm

Hey Guy

The rifle is better known as the Christmas Story rifle

Stevec

plevesque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plevesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2005 at 10:17am
Originally posted by stevec stevec wrote:

The rifle is better known as the Christmas Story rifle

It seems anyone who has a rusty Redy Dyder to sell on Ebay thinks they have a "Christmas Story" rifle just like Ralphie's.  That's why I specifically mentioned the compass and sundial.   

Paul

stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2005 at 9:50pm

Hey Guy

There are two with the sundial and compass.The old original and the newer one.I think the newer one is more known as the Christmas Dream.I think the newer one is like a 20th ann model

Stevec

plevesque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plevesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2005 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by stevec stevec wrote:

There are two with the sundial and compass.The old original and the newer one.I think the newer one is more known as the Christmas Dream.I think the newer one is like a 20th ann model

Yes, the newer one was a limitited run of 1000 released before Christmas 2003 as a 20th anniversary of the original.   Quality-wise they are nicer than the originals.  They have a walnut stock, black compass, gold colored barrel band, and the foregrip is engraved with the number of the rifle.

What I'm looking for are the original 1983 models that were released in response to the Christmas Story movie.  These look similar to an ordinary Redy Ryder with the exception of the sundial and compass.  If in package they can be identified by a white oval sticker.

Paul

stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2005 at 10:51pm

Hey Guy

Thought I had posted this.There is one up for auction on auctionarms.I think it ends on the 20th

Stevec

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic