Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

22. Cal breech load octagonal barrel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_rubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 22. Cal breech load octagonal barrel
    Posted: July-06-2015 at 9:28pm
I recently purchased a 22 caliber breech load rifle. The markings on it are DAISY. There is also the number 0915 and a couple marks like foundry marks. It has an octagonal barrel checkered grip and a nice trigger guard plate. Would like to know if anyone knows anything about it. Based on what I've seen it looks to be a late 1890's rifle. Can send pictures if you think you might be able to identify.
schutzen-jager View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schutzen-jager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2015 at 9:25am
daisy was was a trade name used in australia for winchester repeating arms many years ago - 
G_rubin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_rubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2015 at 9:07am
Thanks. Looking at the marks it was made in Belgium. It has the LEG stamp with a crown and the Perron mark. Serial number is actually 9015.
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2015 at 9:03am
can you post a picture of it.
G_rubin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_rubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2015 at 12:10pm
Is there an easy way to do this?
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2015 at 5:46pm
Not really easy but if a luddite like me can do it....anyone can. You have to have a photobucket account. Put your pics there and then click and drag them here. Good luck.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
G_rubin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_rubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 5:21pm
Thanks.
G_rubin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_rubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 5:29pm
Hopefully you can open the link.
DannoP View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 6:53pm
Opened good for me , cool rifle and some nice stamps on it .
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 8:18pm
Beautiful gun. Reminds me of a rusty old piece a friend of mine cleaned up and made new furniture for. That is a single shot rimfire .22 from late 19th century as well. Good find and interesting that "It's a Daisy"
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic