Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need help identifing a Daisy cork Pistol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haroldk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help identifing a Daisy cork Pistol
    Posted: August-16-2015 at 5:46pm
Hi,  I recently ran across a Daisy Cork Pistol and I haven't been able to find anything about and hoping you can help.  Overall length is 11 1/2", barrel length is6 1/2"  and it is all metal construction.  Patent 1.820.221.  On the top of the barrel is says Daisy MFG Co. Plymouth, Mich USA. 
I am hoping you can provide any information regarding the age, authenticity, history would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks

Harold
DannoP View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DannoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2015 at 6:19pm
Do you have a picture of it , could it be a Target Special with the cork shot tube ? .
Haroldk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haroldk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 1:33pm
Hi DannoP, I do have a couple of pictures, just haven't figured out how to post them yet. you wouldn't be able to suggest the best method for doing that?
DannoP View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DannoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 6:49pm
I know the guys some how do a photo bucket or something but I haven't had any luck , i'm better with 8 track players and phonographs , can one of ya'll help in how you do it , thanks from all of us techno nots .
Haroldk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haroldk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 9:41pm
Here is a link to the photos. Hope it works. And thanks for the help.

39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 10:18pm
You have a Daisy No. 41 Safe Shot Target Game pistol (1934 - 1936).  It is shown in "Daisy Air Rifles & BB Guns, The First 100 Years".  Also it is shown in "An Encyclopedia of Daisy Plymouth Guns by Gary Gerber, Third Edition".   
Pat
DannoP View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DannoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2015 at 11:45am
Cool gun , I am amazed at how many different air guns and toys Daisy and a few of the other manufactures came out with , had to be fun being a designer or engineer back then .  
Haroldk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haroldk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2015 at 8:21pm
Thanks guys for the info.  It is neat all of the different types that Daisy manufactures.  A few years ago, tried to buy a double barrel Daisy BB gun, but went for a small fortune.  Thanks so much for the help.
Haroldk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haroldk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2015 at 8:48pm
What source would you recommend for placing a value on this gun?
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2015 at 6:59pm
There are some good reference books for vintage toy values out there. You would need to buy one. The pics you posted look as if the gun is not in very good condition. Some rust and not much bluing. I go to alot of flea markets....two per week. I see old popguns all the time. I'd guess it's flea market value at about $20-$30. Hope this helps.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic