Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 111-40 variant 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaglehawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 111-40 variant 3
    Posted: September-24-2015 at 10:11pm
Looking for any information about a Daisy 111-40 Red Ryder variant 3. I bought a 111-40 last weekend and thought the stock might have been replaced because there was no burnished Red Ryder logo on the left side of the stock. When I looked closely at the stock, I realized there's a faint "ghost image" Red Ryder logo on the stock but its not burned in like the other period Red Ryders. It's smooth. The gun is in surprisingly nice shape and shoots very strong. Anyone have an idea what this one might be worth? I could not find anything through any search engines like Google, Yahoo, etc. Thanks in advance for anyone who has seen one of these sell before. I saw in the Blue Book of Airguns that only 1000 were made but there's no pricing for the variant 3.  
Jim B
dennissch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennissch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2015 at 10:32pm
send me some pictures of it very interested in it i do no someone with one an would like to add one to my collection dennis at bbgunking1@yahoo.com
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 6:05pm
It does certainly sound like you have a variant 3 that has a silk-screened stock.  I personally have not seen one or come across one for sale.  Have you been on DaisyKing site that references this model and variant?  It is an excellent history of the Red Ryder guns.  However, it does not reference values.  In my humble opinion, I think that a variant 1 with the copper bands in very good to excellent condition, has a value in the $400 range.  But this one with only 1000 produced would be difficult to establish value as few apparently have sold.  I think it would be the old "what ever someone would be willing to pay" type of valuation.  Nice gun and good luck!Thumbs Up 
Steve
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 9:24pm

I would appreciate a picture of this gun, and I need to compare to the one I have in my collection. 
Thanks much.

LL
tatankatoo@aol.com 
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
Eaglehawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaglehawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 10:08pm
Thanks Iceman. I very much appreciate your response. Very helpful.   Jim
Eaglehawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaglehawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2015 at 10:45pm
Louie - Just sent you 3 photos to your aol email.  Jim
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2015 at 11:31am
Thank you for the pictures. 

After locating my gun in storage, and finding it to be a variation 7, not the 3 in question with the silk screen on the stock.

I just remembered the stock was different, and it appears the RED RYDER logo is painted gold color, and although I have examined it very closely many times the painting appears to be original, however, there is no evidence of a gun being produced and painted in this manner. 

Sorry about the confusion on my part. I learn something every day about Daisy.  

LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2015 at 3:02pm
You made a very nice find. I have never seen one either.....in real life. Can you post a picture on here for us? I'm sure alot of folk would love to have a peek. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Eaglehawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaglehawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2015 at 7:49pm
Fuse - I'm having a problem trying to load the pictures on the website. Is there a trick to it?  Thanks!  Jim
Eaglehawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eaglehawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2015 at 10:38pm
I put the Red Ryder variant 3 up for auction at Gunbroker.com. There are 3 photos of it. Search 

Daisy Red Ryder 111-40 variant 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic