Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy No 195 BUZZ BARTON SPECIAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2021 at 10:26am
This is a picture of the scope, Greg (Silverhawk) has and wanted it posted.....
Greg- just email any pics you want posted....Rick

Aim Straight
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2021 at 10:36am
Here is  a picture of Silverhawk's complete 195/32  Buzz Barton Special , showing the scope mounted with the gun.

Aim Straight
Silverhawk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2021 at 10:44am
Thanks so much Rick. It is still difficult for you and others to see the size diffence in this sight tube. I will dig out my other Buzz's and get a pic of the different sight tubes together.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2021 at 11:42am
More Pics from Greg of the scope and his comments....

"Comparison is easy this way with side by side. Especial the last pic where I very carefully slid the paper label inside of a normal size one."

Aim Straight
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2021 at 11:49am
It is always very interesting and amazing to see things that Daisy has produced/modified that very few of us were aware of being done.  Thank you for sharing this with us and thank you Rick for your time and willingness to post pics!

Star
Steve
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2021 at 12:40pm
Yor're right there! Daisy did some strange things at any given time, not even waiting for the following year of production. Oddball stuff makes them even more rare. I want to be up front with this. This gun was missing the paper label on the stock when I got it. Not scratched or rubbed off, but completely removed like it was simply peeled back off, leaving only the slightest trace of outline where the label had been. Rick knows this because I bought a repro label from him. I know this makes the gun worth less, but I wanted it to be a complete gun once again.
The other thing is, I had stated that this sight tube was solid not rolled with a seam. I humbly apologize! After removing it for those side by side pics, I found that it was indeed seamed on the very bottom where it couldn't be seen. Actually, if you look close in the last pic, you can see that it is a tube inside another tube. The inside tube has the mounting ends .
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2021 at 2:08pm
Funny thing about this gun, I got it as "Broken, Not Working, For Parts". When I broke it down, I found 3 lead shot jammed inside the shot tube. So I'm guessing that this gun had not been fired for nearly 90 years. The leather seals looked great, but dry, so after clearing the shot tube and letting oil soak into the seals overnight, it now fires strong and accurate. I'm grateful for however many others owned this gun before me, didn't attempt to repair it. There's nothing worse than finding someone else's repair actually did more damage than what was wrong.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2021 at 1:38am
Nice that you have preserved this gun... Lead shot stuck in the shot tube is interesting and indicates to me that it was put aside in the early 30's.  Nice restoration and interesting scope on it.  I know Daisy made toy guns with the Buzz Barton promotion, but never saw any toy rifles- just pistols , water guns and holsters.  So that scope could not have come from a toy rifle.. My take it is a first production model before they got the production up on the Buzz 195 and the bigger stamped scope. The 195/32 was a rush job from what I read to get the rifle on the market.. Daisy did do crazy things.
If we only had a time machine!
Rick
Aim Straight
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2021 at 8:14am
Rick, I agree. One of my theories is that mine was a prototype for promotion before production began in 1932. I have communicated with Gary Garber and sent him these photos. I will let him share his own thoughts on this, rather than me relaying them. Although I will tell that he said I may have the rarest Buzz in the world. That seems inconceivable to me, but I guess it could be possible.
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2021 at 5:48pm
While it is possible that this Buzz B. sight tube was made in someone's home workshop, the combination of the lead BBs and the unique attributes of this tube make me wonder if it wasn't hatched in Charles Lefever's Daisy workshop.  Silverhawk, I think this one is a keeper.
Gary Garber
daisybbgunner@aol.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic