Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Findlay Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Bavaria55n Bavaria55n wrote:

Amazing, thanks for the pictures.
A lot of older guns in there. And a Daisy 40 with the bayonet, a stack(!) of Buck Jones.................

Gary
You should have seen how many model 40's there were. Some with real bayonets, some with repop bayonets and others without bayonets. Had guys selling real bayonets and also selling repop bayonets. I have to get one for my model 40 sometime.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 8:10am
What do the real vs the repro bayonets sell for?
I need one.
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 10:13am
The original bayonets sell in a range of $350 to $500.  One just sold on Ebay in the mid $300 range.  The good repos sell in the $150-$175 range.  I had a repo on my Model 40 and I sold it for $175 on Ebay.  I bought an original in excellent condition for $500.  I probably paid too much, however, I wanted it.  The values depends on timing.  I can not speak to gun shows and the pricing there, however, they come up on Ebay occasionally.  This has been my experience.Star     
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 2:16pm
At the show a guy had original ones that he was selling for right around $500. A guy who makes the repop ones was selling those for $200.
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 5:50pm
Tbird

What was the price range most commemorative guns like Christmas Dreams, Gold Rush, Pony Express, etc. were selling for at the show?  I am going to be selling several guns at the Roger's show and I have not had any experience in this type of venue.  Thanks!    

RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 7:31pm
Very nice. Thanks or sharing the pics. Looks like fun. I wish there was one near me in Texas.
Be Independent!
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2016 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Iceman Iceman wrote:

Tbird

What was the price range most commemorative guns like Christmas Dreams, Gold Rush, Pony Express, etc. were selling for at the show?  I am going to be selling several guns at the Roger's show and I have not had any experience in this type of venue.  Thanks!    

unfortunately I really didn't pay allot of attention to those guns so I'm not sure what they were selling for, sorry.
OK Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2016 at 11:30am
I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful pictures. 

I have viewed them several times and each time I see something I missed before.
Friend of the Daisy Museum #353

Being a kid with a Daisy-priceless
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2016 at 12:17pm
Tbird

That's ok.  Like I mentioned, this will be the first show as a seller.  Any tips anyone could provide on selling at these shows would be greatly appreciated.  I know pricing can be somewhat tricky.  Thanks!
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2016 at 4:29pm
Iceman,
Maybe not the most "ethical" approach, but here's my experience from last Saturday's Findlay show.
I found a gun I wanted...the Daisy TIMBERWOLF, Model 95B, new in box....seller had a tag $75. I waited 'till later in the afternoon. Bought it for $40.

Set your price high enough so that if you "negotiate", you'll still get what you want. I think all the dealers had their guns overpriced, and sold most for less than the "tag".

Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic