Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Running Boar, aka Running Target, Moving Target
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running Boar, aka Running Target, Moving Target

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texdance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running Boar, aka Running Target, Moving Target
    Posted: October-24-2016 at 9:17pm
l was told that Daisy used to make a machine for indoor shooting of Running Boar, perhaps BB, perhaps .177 pellet.  I heard it called Model 898.
So far I have had no luck finding such a device anywhere, not even a photo to look at.
I would appreciate any contact information that would lead me to purchase, rent, or view a Daisy Running Boar machine in any condition. 

Even having a photo of the manual, or an advertising brochure, or even pics of a broken one might be useful.
cvvv
Thanks,

_ _

Texdance
Reno, TX
Maxey Rifleman Gun Club
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2016 at 8:56pm
I have never heard of a running boar machine by Daisy. I know that there is a running boar paper target that Daisy made. Maybe someone else has an idea of what you ask.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2016 at 10:35am
Sounds like it would be fun to have one. I wonder how large they are?
If you end up with one please give us a report.
Gary
MAT 4-82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT 4-82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2020 at 8:53pm
Old thread resurrected. I stumbled cross this doing some research.
The range system referred to is the
Running Boar Target Range, Model No. 898
They were made in the 80s when running Boar appeared it might get popular.
It was dropped from the Olympics but is still shot in the World Shooting Championships.
I have Range # 0085
Hope someone finds this interesting
Joe
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2020 at 9:21am
Thanks for the update.
Gary
MAT 4-82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT 4-82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2020 at 10:18am
No problem.
I am not at the same location right now but when I am I will post a pic or two for future reference.
Joe
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 1:27am
https://youtu.be/0FQBhflSpLc
RUNNING  BOAR

Aim Straight
Eswamba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eswamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2020 at 11:02pm
Did you ever find anything out or find a manual? We recently acquired this system and are trying to get it back in working condition.
MAT 4-82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAT 4-82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2022 at 1:50pm
I do not have a photo share app. I sent pics and a copy of the user manual to the museum. Perhaps they will post them here.
Brigade Volunteer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigade Volunteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2023 at 10:45pm
I have had one of these sitting in my garage.  I am in the process of donating it to the Boys' and Girls' Brigade in Neenah, WI.  It still works!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic