Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need info on Daisy Powerline 970

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quartzeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need info on Daisy Powerline 970
    Posted: January-05-2017 at 7:54pm
I found a Daisy Powerline 970 in my attic. here are the specs on the barrel , .177 cal(4.5mm), BB cal (4.5mm), with a rifled barrel made in Daisy Rogers Ark. it was in a rifle bag. I have searched on line for info on this gun, but cannot find much. I would like to know how old the gun is and any history manufacturing and such on this gun. If my memory is correct I saw a gun like this when i was a kid. maybe 25 to 30 years ago. any help would be greatly appreciated. FYI its not for sale! LOL!
Marcos
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2017 at 8:41pm
Are you sure that your 970 makes mention of BB's. I have had a couple 970's over the years and still have one now. It should have hardwood stocks and no port to load BB's on the side of the receiver. It should be a dedicated .177 cal. pellet rifle that otherwise looks alot like a typical Daisy 880. In any event it was made in the early 80's. The 970 came with a five shot clip and a single shot adaptor. Both can slide into the breech of the gun. There is very little info on the 970 available on line. They didn't make that many of them. Daisy also made a .22 version....the 920. Both guns were also made with plastic stocks.....models 917 and 922 respectively. The 970 and the 920 may be marked as 917 or 922. I currently have a 970 marked 970 and a 920 marked 922. That's Daisy for you. Very accurate for a cheap plinker and a nice looking gun. Give it about 10 drops of ATF or non detergent motor oil behind the piston head and dry fire it a few times. I'd do that again in a few days. It needs lubing after so long unfired. Nice find. Have fun. Tongue
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
SteveL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2017 at 5:55pm
How do you access the piston head?  Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic