Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thunderbird Model 104

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darb1177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thunderbird Model 104
    Posted: January-30-2017 at 5:26pm
Hi everyone,

While cleaning out my grandmothers house we found a Daisy bb gun with a Thunderbird sticker on the side. The stamp on it states it is a model 104. I've tried several internet searches but have turned up nothing for this except that Daisy made a Thunderbird pop gun model 1011. I'll take some pictures of it when I get home and post them on here. Any information on it would be appreciated.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2017 at 6:07pm
I think you may have a Daisy 104 Golden Eagle. Is there a scope on it as a rear sight? Or is there no rear sight but mounting slides where the scope used to be?
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2017 at 10:20pm

There's a "Daisy blue" painted version of the Model 104 called the Scope Scout. Don't hear of it much.

I suppose someone could have applied the pop gun sticker to a 104 but it would be cool if it was a 1011 factory-made from a 104 receiver...

Does the sticker look like:

Darb1177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darb1177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2017 at 10:07am
Cobalt, yes it has the thunderbird sticker on it in that same spot but the stamp shows its a model 104. It does not have a scope on it, though what I thought was a rear sight could be a scope mount.. Forgot to take pictures of it last night. Got busy doing taxes.... I'll set a reminder to do it tonight and post them. 

Also the steel is a lighter color. It almost has a yellow tint to it. It is not as dark as what you have in your photo Cobalt.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2017 at 2:08pm
Starting to sound as though it is a Golden Eagle like the fuse said earlier. Being painted gold would be the 'tell', and the yellowish tint may be that your gun has faded over time or has had the finish altered in some way. As for the sticker, if it's a Golden Eagle it wouldn't have had one from the factory, as best as I can tell. But someone may have put it on your gun for whatever reason.

And the rear tube sight mount on the 104 does somewhat resemble a low notch sight. Photos will be interesting to see...
Darb1177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darb1177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2017 at 2:59pm
Any areas of interest besides profile and stamp photos?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2017 at 6:50pm
Maybe a shot of the sight mount just for confirmation, although that might be in the same frame as the stampings.
Darb1177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darb1177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2017 at 9:43am
PappyWagner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PappyWagner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2017 at 6:48pm
Well that is cool !
Makes one wonder.
Whatever the case someone needs to make some reproductions stencils/decals/etc !
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie ?"
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2017 at 8:13pm
Looks alot like my 104 Golden Eagle....less the scope. Yes yours had one originally. Mine is a later var. with the safety button in the receiver.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic