Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gailen David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2019 at 2:18pm
Charge me $10 but make it easy to publish pictures.

Gailen
gailen David
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2019 at 4:34pm
What is this all about ?

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2019 at 9:32am
Originally posted by almyjmoore almyjmoore wrote:

Am I breaking the rules by loading pictures to "POSTIMAGE" then copying and pasting the pictures to Daisy Talk? Thanks, Al

That is what I do now. For me POSTIMAGE is easier to navigate than some of the others I tried and it is free.
Daily shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2019 at 9:42pm
I never understood or agreed with the ban on direct photos to this forum.
Protection from what? I think such a ban only serves to reduce the free flow
of interest and information sharing. Makes no sense. How does you tube and face book
protect themselves, allowing photos and videos?
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2019 at 12:16am
Well, just my 2 cents worth, but consider the fact that this forum was set up how long ago, using technology from how long ago, by a museum with quite likely no IT staff or budget, that charges nothing for its forum hosting services. There isn't even advertising on here! So, imho, please be gentle, and kind of appreciate we have this forum at all! But that's just my opinion.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2019 at 5:23pm
I fall somewhere in the middle. I visit this forum almost daily and participate often.....but I participate more on another forum because I don't have to (or want to) jump through any hoops to post pics I'd like to post. I don't even notice the ads on that other forum. Guess I'm just used to ads near everywhere you go on the net. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2019 at 8:36pm
Yep, I'll definitely agree it isn't ideal!  I'm just sayin you get what you pay for.  ;)  

The museum isn't getting a dime off of us *or anyone* for this forum.  If they did, then I'd say there was more of a leg to stand on complaining that posting pictures is using old technology.  But this forum isn't even someone's hobby.  There doesn't seem to be anyone looking in and seeing how things are going.  It seems to be something that was set up and let have a life of its own years ago.  Maybe if Museum staff actually used the site, they'd "feel the pain" of how pictures are posted, and maybe do something about it. But I don't think the look in or use it at all. 

On the sites that have advertising, that means there's at least someone paying attention to the business at hand, the site, more actively monitoring and moderating etc.; much more inclined to keep up with changes and technology.  They have to monitor it at least some, to make sure nothing happens that will drive off the advertisers.  It is a business.  This site isn't a business, it is a favor.

So, who here wants to contribute to a pool of money to bequeath to the Museum, earmarked for them to (probably hire a consultant to) upgrade the software (probably cost some more money there) that runs this forum, so pictures can be more easily posted?  My wag is it'd take a couple of thousand bucks.  Or, any savvy web folks have the knowledge to step up and volunteer?  Personally, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Alright, I'm done with my soapbox.  Sorry for the rambles.  I'll slink back to the workshop and get back to installing new springs, and rebuilding 1894s :)  

Happy shooting and Daisy-ing to all!

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2019 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by BurghDude BurghDude wrote:

Yep, I'll definitely agree it isn't ideal!  I'm just sayin you get what you pay for.  ;)  

The museum isn't getting a dime off of us *or anyone* for this forum.  If they did, then I'd say there was more of a leg to stand on complaining that posting pictures is using old technology.  But this forum isn't even someone's hobby.  There doesn't seem to be anyone looking in and seeing how things are going.  It seems to be something that was set up and let have a life of its own years ago.  Maybe if Museum staff actually used the site, they'd "feel the pain" of how pictures are posted, and maybe do something about it. But I don't think the look in or use it at all. 

On the sites that have advertising, that means there's at least someone paying attention to the business at hand, the site, more actively monitoring and moderating etc.; much more inclined to keep up with changes and technology.  They have to monitor it at least some, to make sure nothing happens that will drive off the advertisers.  It is a business.  This site isn't a business, it is a favor.

So, who here wants to contribute to a pool of money to bequeath to the Museum, earmarked for them to (probably hire a consultant to) upgrade the software (probably cost some more money there) that runs this forum, so pictures can be more easily posted?  My wag is it'd take a couple of thousand bucks.  Or, any savvy web folks have the knowledge to step up and volunteer?  Personally, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Alright, I'm done with my soapbox.  Sorry for the rambles.  I'll slink back to the workshop and get back to installing new springs, and rebuilding 1894s :)  

Happy shooting and Daisy-ing to all!

Yep, what he said.
Air-It-Is
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2019 at 12:39pm
I don't think there is any  problem using postimage, if there was i'm sure someone from the museum would chime in. so far postimage seems simple enough to use, try it out ! tomorrow who knows. 

Ejwills.
Ejwills
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2019 at 2:50pm
Heh. Just wasted 20 minutes of my short time on this Earth trying to figure out how to upload images from postimage to this site. I was even following the directions posted on this thread. I'm sure there is a way to do it. They just don't make it user friendly to do it........either there or here. The reason that some great ideas slowly fade and die is stuff like this. I will still visit here. I like it here.....in spite of this policy about posting pics. That said, I spend more time elsewhere........precisely because of their policy about posting pics. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic