Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2019 at 3:22pm
Man, Fuse, what errors or problems were you facing?  I'm using postimages.org, and doing it is a snap.  The longest part is getting it to postimage.  Once it is there, it is just a matter of copying the "Direct URL" address into the image editing box that pops up when you push the tree icon.  

Maybe there is one thing missing.. you have to press "preview" once the picture URL is loaded, in order for it to get into the post.  Might that be the missing step?  

By the way, I did a google search, and a while ago there was a big problem with .jpg files (those containing images), carrying virus payloads.  Sure, technology has come a long way since then, but That's the reason this "hoop to jump through"  happened, so long ago.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2105408/watch-out-for-photos-containing-malware.html

BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2019 at 3:47pm
To post photos:

1. First upload your desired photo to a hosting site.  I use Imgur.  Others here use Postimage.

2. When you reply to or start a thread and you want to post a photo, type in your comment, then move your cursor to where you want the photo to appear in your post.

3. Click on the Tree icon in the first row above the window where you put your text (6th icon from the left).

4. This will open a pop-up window titled "Image Properties."

5. In this pop-up window, you will see a blank space in the upper right with a pre-filled "http://" in it.

6. The site where your image is stored will display several types of links that you can copy and use.  Copy the "Direct Link" link.

7. Paste this copied link in the blank space mentioned in #4 above.

8.  If you have a double http:// delete one of them.

9. Just to the right of the blank space where you copied the photo link, click on the rectangular button labeled "Preview"

10. This will cause a preview of your image to open.  It will look YUUUUGE, but that's OK.  It will look normal sized in your post.

11.  At the bottom right of the "Image Properties" pop-up, you will see a rectangular button labeled "OK"

12.  Click on that button and your picture will be visible in your post.

This all sounds more tedious than it is, so give it a try and don't get discouraged.
Be Prepared
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2019 at 5:30pm
Thank you for that Courtenay. Because you went to all that trouble to put a VERY detailed recipe for posting on here, I'm going to give it a wirl again. Embarrassed
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2019 at 5:57pm
Wow !! , where does the 8-track go ? ...just don't think those fancy cassette tapes will ever catch on LOL .  
Realshooter
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2019 at 7:44pm
Good luck, Stuart.  Fingers crossed for your success.  Posting pics can be frustrating, but if you can get it done 2-3 times, it is not so hard.
Be Prepared
mikek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2019 at 1:32pm
I have a model 97 works good sound great missing  bb loader that slides in and i think screws in place i have seen some on line says for other models do not know if that will fit model 97  any help or anybody interested as is 
MIKE K KC
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2019 at 3:21pm
Its best to start a new thread.
Ejwills
rleegabe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleegabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2019 at 3:27pm
What are you asking for your model 97??
You can reply to me at rleegabe@hotmail.com
Ron Gabriel
nifty59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nifty59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2020 at 11:10am
I have some factory sealed daisy #4330 paper popper ammo. Are they worth anything? Thanks
arkgoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkgoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2023 at 6:02pm
i see a few post about selling but no replys. am i missing something?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic