Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my new toy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my new toy
    Posted: February-15-2017 at 6:52pm
I do like old toys. I'm tempted to buy them when they are cool enough. I could not resist this old cork gun target set. It's complete and works perfect. That little gun shoots a cork HARD. I tried it out at about 8 feet and was scared it damaged the box/trap. The set of crow targets roll up and down that frame thing depending on which level of crows you hit. Never saw this et complete in this condition before.
Thought you all might get a kick out of it. The box is marked Plymouth and the gun is marked Rogers.

All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2017 at 8:42pm
Too cool! The caution about not shooting birds is still relevant w/a few exceptions. The PC police would have a fit over the dialog.    
John in N.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2017 at 8:54pm
That was hid in a closet somewhere for a long time. It looks like it was bought yesterday. Love the way the whole rack travels forward. Great score!
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2017 at 9:43pm

I have a few of those cork guns, but not the set. 

One is Rogers, the others are Plymouth and nice little guns. 

I also have a Daisy double barrel cork gun, Daisy logo on the wood stock and nice. 

I also have the Daisy Little Beaver cork Buffalo Gun, real nice.

I have an All Metal Products Double cork gun and two pump type guns.

Toys, Toys and more toys. 
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2017 at 10:33pm
Looks neat. I have an old Wyandot cork gun similar to your Daisy but have never see a target like this before.
Gary

PappyWagner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PappyWagner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2017 at 6:53pm
Very cool. Thanks for posting pics of it up. I especially like the Red Ryder comic.
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie ?"
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2017 at 7:43pm
Yeah...The dialogue between Red Ryder and Little Beaver dates the set all by itself. And what's with a middle aged cowboy hanging around with a 6 year old boy anyway? A more innocent time. It's used but very well cared for. Picked it up off Fleabay for a song. Sometimes you get lucky there. I still don't care for the site but.......
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2017 at 9:37am
That thing is so cool!
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2017 at 6:32pm
I still have a crush on it. Embarrassed I'm going to play with it a bit......being careful not to bust anything, I hope. But I will grow bored of it eventually. That is my MO and why I'm really not a collector of anything. Once something sits unnoticed for more than a month, it's time for it to go to someone who truly appreciates it.
I do have about a dozen guns that I won't part with but I shoot them all the time....when I can. I may give this target set to my brother. He dreams of filling his mancave full of cool old toys. I Christmas present him a neat old toy every year. (he has a very long way to go)

John in N.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2017 at 8:54pm
He's gonna love it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic