Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am I missing something here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2017 at 6:23pm
Can't help but notice some other guy rushed his $35 Chinese made 25 onto Ebay. Probably hoping to sell for a 1000% profit as well.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2017 at 12:53pm
Try Dicks; I think Daisy used them when the newer No 25 made its debut a few years ago.

Semper Fi
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2017 at 6:12pm
I've seen them in Tractor Supply recently as well. I'm in upstate NY.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2017 at 9:23pm
Same here. I had not noticed but looked and none at Walmart or Rural King.
Out of production (again)?
Gary
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2017 at 10:21pm
The Daisy Museum has them for sale.
http://daisymuseum.3dcartstores.com/Model-25_p_18.html
Pat
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 8:16am
Dick"s in Toledo, OH.
$43 delivered...
Marv, NW OH
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 2:28pm

It's A Daisy

I see the Daisy Model 25 here at the Bass Pro Shop, and at the Big 5 and Sports Authority, not sure about WM, very seldom go there, but I have seen RR there, not the 25.

Speaking of the 25, if you add two of them together, you get 50, and I just pulled my Daisy Golden Eagle
No. 50 out of the case this morning, oiled and polished it with Brasso, loaded about 4 bb's, and it shoots as hard as it ever did and I might add almost looks as good as the day it was introduced, that would be 1936.
I have never seen a better condition gun in all the years I have been collecting, but I know there are a few out there.

"Find a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."  
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 4:56pm
Walmart here hasn't ever carried the 25 in the store, ever since I've been looking, anyway. I ordered a 25 from WM online a while ago but even there it's currently unavailable. I don't see Gamo pulling the plug on it like they seem to have done to other Daisy airguns, seeing as how it and the RR accounts for the bulk of Daisy BB gun sales.
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 4:57pm
I have a unfired NIB with the two hang tags still on the Golden Eagle.
It is in Gary Garbers book on page 251 and 253.
Gary tells me he thinks this one is the only Original Box for the Golden Eagle he knows to exist.
There is a long and very sad story behind this Golden Eagle and the family who bought it and held it until I purchased it about 10 years ago.
I plan at some point to let the Daisy Museum have it on loan or gift it to them.
That is where something like this Golden Eagle should be.  
Right now it is in the Fire Resistant Safe.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 11:05pm

Daisy Golden Eagle No. 50 and Daisy Lighting-Loader Carbine

A little added piece on the gun, I have an original The American Boy Magazine dated May 1936 with the ad on the back cover, complete magazine and in mint condition. It is now framed and hanging on the wall by the gun. The magazine says the price is $.10 and three years is $2.00 subscription. The price of the Daisy Golden Eagle on the back cover is $2.50.

I also have the same magazine dated January 1940 and the back cover ad shows the Daisy Lighting-Loader Carbine selling for $2.50. Very nice to display with the guns. This is a complete magazine and also in mint condition. 

LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic