Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

no 102 model 33

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullchoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no 102 model 33
    Posted: March-15-2017 at 3:49pm
I found one of these yesterday that looks pretty nice. The muzzle looks like it had a rubber seal for the bb to pass thru. It belonged to an old guy that would have been 112 if he were still alive today. Would that seal indicate how much this gun would have been shot? It seems like that rubber would not last very long. I haven't tried to cock it yet. I did drip some gun oil down the barrel.

Thanks,
Greg
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 4:21pm
It does not have a rubber seal. Just turn the shot tube Counter clockwise a little to open the loading hole. Probably just crud buildup on the metal part.   The gun has leather seals, put plenty of 20 weight non detergent oil into the shot tube and let it stand overnight.  This should rejuvenate the leather seals if they hasn't deteriorated too much and come apart. Cut & past this link in your browser for a schematic of your gun.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/576299/message/1319828456/Daisy.++No+102++++Model+33++++500+Shot.+++++Parts+List.
Pat
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 4:41pm
Not familiar w/any rubber used at the muzzle. Do you have a photo?

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 4:46pm
Srry hunter- you posted while I was editing the photo.
fullchoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullchoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 7:41pm
I took some pictures to post but it looks like I can't get them from my computer to here. Anyway it is the same gun cobalt has shown. It does have some soft rubber like material at the end of the barrel that the bb passes thru as it leaves the barrel. Nothing to do with loading the bb's.

Thanks,
Greg
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2017 at 11:46pm
Maybe someone put a stopper of some sort in the barrel to keep out dust/moisture.
Is the rubber just in the very end where the BB exits, or does it cover the front of the shot tube?
fullchoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullchoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2017 at 12:38am
the part that turns to open and close the loading hole is over the end of the barrel, the rubberlike material is directly under that. It looks like when new, the rubber sealed the barrel from moisture or debris. The first shot broke the seal. Like popping the.....well you know what I mean.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2017 at 7:33am
Perhaps the shot tube was loose and someone put the rubber in there to firm it up.
As shown in Cobalts drawing they were not made that way.
Posting pictures is a challenge.
Can you see the rubber when the shot tube is in the gun?
Gary
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2017 at 10:50am

Just for a comparison, I have the following and none of these guns have a rubber devise at the end.

Daisy 101-36 SS blued finish
Daisy 102-36 blued finish
Daisy 102-36 nickel finish

The guns are 32 in long

These guns are in my collection and are currently for sale, if interested, contact me. 
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2017 at 7:48pm
haha maybe someone has fashioned a hop-up mod for it!                                                 

I laugh, but I am doing exactly that- first version is slated to be a proof of concept and will be done using the Daisy model 74 because I can dial up more velocity easily- which might be needed to overcome the additional friction. If it pans out I'll set it up on one of my hot-rodded Daisy wide frame lever action BB gun. Or on the rifled barrel Red Ryder that I'm building, if THAT scheme also pans out.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic