FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1894 Spittin Image

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
alselectric53 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alselectric53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1894 Spittin Image
    Posted: September-28-2017 at 2:06pm
Ringless probably early 60s, believe ring came later in the 70s.
alselectric53 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alselectric53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2017 at 2:05pm
Nice shooting gun the 1894, but the seals usually, (but can be replaced, one of the harder BB guns to work on)  go out in the older ones, and the BB drops out of the barrel. Plastic stock older, were 60s 70s, they made them again from 2000 to 2004 with a wood stock, but a plastic cocking lever. Price can vary from around $65 to $250.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

Originally posted by the fuse the fuse wrote:

I wonder if Daisy didn't use "I" before 1972's big change.
Not sure.
I'm now leaning heavily towards the assessment of the pre-'72 use of "I" as being correct. I just noticed an eBay listing for a model 1894 with a metal barrel band and w/o the saddle ring. While I don't know for sure that this model was made before about '72, I think it was. Can anyone verify when this ring-less 1894 was made?

In any event as seen below, there's also a "1" in the number, so there's no doubt that the prefix is an "I".

MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2017 at 4:58pm
fuse....
Send me your e=mail address.
I have something to share with you.
Marv
Marv, NW OH
brent72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brent72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2017 at 5:39pm
Hello,

Thanks for the information about value. I have to say for certain that the registration number does definitely start with an "I". So Daisy must have used "I" prior to 1972.

Now my next question: What is wrong if 1. Bbs can be heard to roll back and forth in the barrel. 
2. The cocking mechanism is still firm and it half cocks the hammer when the lever is pulled down and back. 3. The hammer will can be placed in full cock by pushing the trigger forward at the same time. 
4. When the trigger is pulled makes a pronounced "thump" 5. ,But no BB exits the barrel? I tested this by placing a tissue rubber-banded to the end of the barrel. No hole is produced.

Is it possible that the BBa  were not loaded correctly or that something is obstructing a BB in the barrel. I know that these are often posted by others as problems.  Or despite what appears to be a working gun the seals are no longer viable. 

What is also wrong if bbs appear in the cocking mechanism or when the sliding the loading spring a bb flies out. I understand that to properly have bbs load the barrel needs to be held down and the spring pulled down then pulled back to push bbs from the storage into the firing mechanism 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by the fuse the fuse wrote:

I wonder if Daisy didn't use "I" before 1972's big change.
Not sure.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2017 at 8:21pm
Thanks Cobalt. I see it now! I wonder if Daisy didn't use "I" before 1972's big change. As to value of a good shooting early 1894 boxed......it depends. If you could list it on Ebay it might bring $400. Folk that buy there are a bit crazy. Problem is you probably wont be able to list it there. Everywhere else, it may bring as much as $200.....if it truly does shoot well and it is in better than 90% condition. By that I mean no dents, no scratches, and no lost paint but for minor edge wear. Lord I wish I could list on Ebay cuz airgun buyers there are out of their minds. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
brent72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brent72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2017 at 7:09pm
Thanks for the input. I have just used Pellgun Oil and gave it a healthy squirt and shall let it set over night. I am not hopeful that it will shoot. BBs were left in the gun when last shot some 40 years before. I do believe that 1969 is when I thought that I received it as a birthday gift from my parents.

So if this is a working 1969 1894 Spittin Image in excellent condtion (complete with box) any guess as to its worth? I have seen quite a range of prices.

Thanks 
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2017 at 10:33pm
CAUTION;  Make sure that 30wt oil is non-detergent.
Semper Fi
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2017 at 7:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic