Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Daisy Red Ryder Arrowhead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metal Daisy Red Ryder Arrowhead
    Posted: May-08-2017 at 4:05pm
I just acquired a metal Daisy Red Ryder arrowhead. It is made of a shiny silvery heavy metal. It is identical in size to the plastic ones and very well executed. Has anyone ever seen or heard of such an example? Thank you.
Daisy Pete
John in N.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 6:01pm
Wow ! Maybe a salesmans sample?
Daisy Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 6:54pm
Thank you for your reply, John. I thought perhaps a pattern or prototype piece.
Daisy Pete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 7:38pm
Yes, could have been part of the moulding/prep process as well. That is a rare find in my opinion, especially when you see the prices on regular plastic specimens.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 8:57pm
John,
If you would like to see what it looks like email me and I will email you two photos of it. It looks to have been professionally manufactured and is very detailed. It's in pristine condition. Thank you.
Daisy Pete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 9:44pm
Unbelievable, has to be seen to believe it. It's identical to the plastic. Some of the guys on here can post pics no problem (but I'm not one of them). Hopefully someone will get you to send them the pics for posting on here. What a score, I'm quite jealous ! LOL.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 4:34pm
Here's the arrowhead, images from Daisy Pete:

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 5:31pm
That looks like it was plated with brass or some other yellow stuff. I'm betting that you made a very rare find. From the looks it may be some sort of premium for salesmen or big buyers. 
Where and how did you acquire it? 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 6:13pm
Hi Fuse,
Thanks for your inquiry. It has an extremely shiny silvery surface. What is really noticeable is the weight when held in your hand. It seems heavy for its size. I weighed it and it's a little over 3/4 of an ounce. I acquired it on ebay recently. The man I bought it from sells shoes and ties on ebay. He said he acquired it along with some other things from a retired female police officer in her sixties. He said she didn't know anything about it. He speculated that she might have had it for decades. Thanks again!  Pete
Daisy Pete
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2017 at 1:50pm
Thanks for the pictures.
Now the hunt is on for everyone else to find another one!
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic