Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Daisy Red Ryder Arrowhead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2017 at 5:47pm
Maybe solid nickle? I assume you tried a magnet on it already. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Daisy Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2017 at 6:47pm
Hi Fuse,
It isn't magnetic. I emailed Gary Garber about it and he was kind enough to reply and said: "You have a fascinating arrowhead.  I have never seen one like it.  Could Daisy have used something like that to make a mold for the plastic arrowheads, I wonder.  Don't know.  Another Daisy mystery!"  I also emailed Dennis Baker "Daisy King" he too was kind enough to reply and said: "New one to me. Never seen one before." I also emailed Joe Murfin via the Daisy Museum but haven't heard anything from him. I'll post any future responses. Thank you!  
Daisy Pete
John in N.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2017 at 7:53pm
As I said before, what a score. You could probably get two like new in the box model 21's for it.
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2017 at 9:10pm
That is one hell of a find, and not to mention at an amazing price. Had that been titled better who know what it may have brought.
panther1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panther1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 10:04pm
Hi Pete, you had emailed me a few days ago to ask me if Inew anything about this metal arrowhead that you had purchased on eBay. As I had told you, there was a listing on eBay a few years back by a seller who had one of these. I asked him then about it and he told me that he and a friend had done a "lost wax casting" on an original Daisy Red Ryder arrowhead and made one for each of themselves and a few extras to sell in the future. They were cast in silver hence the heavy weight. I too have one of these Red Ryder silver arrowheads and I also have a Davy Crockett silver arrowhead as well. Both cast in .999 silver. They are a neat conversation piece. Enjoy yours and show it proudly. Rich
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2017 at 9:01am
Well there are a few more out there.
Anyone else here have one?
Gary
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2017 at 9:02am
Well there are a few more out there.
If these are cast from the original plastic ones they will be a little smaller since the silver shrinks as it cools. How does yours compare to a plastic one in size?
Anyone else here have one?
Gary
Daisy Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2017 at 10:40am
Hi Gary,
I originally described my metal arrowhead as being identical in size to the plastic ones. However after reading your post and upon closer examination, I determined that you're absolutely right. My metal arrowhead is just a tad smaller than my plastic one. Thank you very much for your keen observation.
Daisy Pete
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2017 at 6:44pm
The mystery seems to be getting solved. Nice one.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2017 at 10:12am
Too bad we do't know how many were made. Will be interesting to see if any others show up.
At least the original mystery is solved.
This is a great place to learn!
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic