Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Daisy Red Ryder staple and ring for leather thong
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Red Ryder staple and ring for leather thong

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Red Ryder staple and ring for leather thong
    Posted: May-14-2017 at 3:39pm
Hi, 

I found a vintage Red Ryder without the little staple and ring that holds the leather thong.

I have a spare, but have never put one on.

Is there any tricks that I should know?

Thank you and regards, gkenny.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2017 at 4:21pm
If it's the type similar to new production that uses the plastic "staple", you might try heating the staple in hot water before installing it to let it bend easier. It doesn't have to bend much, but it is a stiff little bugger.
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

If it's the type similar to new production that uses the plastic "staple", you might try heating the staple in hot water before installing it to let it bend easier. It doesn't have to bend much, but it is a stiff little bugger.

Thank you Colbalt, the information I need is for the older, metal ring and staple.
How do you get this type back into the gun.
Thank you again and regards, gkenny.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2017 at 8:58pm
Hi gkenny, I don't know anything about the older, steel staple type setup. I hope someone better able to help will show up w/some info for you.

Good luck!
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2017 at 9:58pm
These are peened on the ends. I haven't installed any but I would guess you'd put it in the holes and then lay it on a 2x4 and peen the end so it flares out.
Be Independent!
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2017 at 10:02am
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

Hi gkenny, I don't know anything about the older, steel staple type setup. I hope someone better able to help will show up w/some info for you.

Good luck!

Thank you, gkenny.
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2017 at 10:03am
Originally posted by RedRyderUSA RedRyderUSA wrote:

These are peened on the ends. I haven't installed any but I would guess you'd put it in the holes and then lay it on a 2x4 and peen the end so it flares out.

Thank you Red Ryder, that mat be the only way.

Regards, gkenny.
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2017 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by RedRyderUSA RedRyderUSA wrote:

Hi Red Ryder, 

I just tried your suggestion, lay it on a good solid board and tap it in...It Worked!

Thanks again and regards, gkenny.
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2017 at 9:57pm
Awesome man. Glad it worked.
Be Independent!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic