Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisys in general

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alselectric53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisys in general
    Posted: June-24-2017 at 10:58pm
I assume the older 1938 Daisy BB guns have value. 1938B? I grew up with the 1894s as many did, my favorite. Really interested in the Model 21 double barrel, or others. Thanks,
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 8:55am
You can check on GunBroker to see what they are selling for, be sure to check the ones that actually sell, not just asking prices. Some of the special editions will bring a premium.
As BB gun collecting attracted more people collectors began buying and saving new guns so there is a good supply of many of them. 
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2017 at 9:35am
The typical 1938 Red Ryders are generally worth more than a typical 1938b. There were far less of them, they were very similar to the 111 model 40, and in good condition, fairly rare. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2017 at 5:16pm
I'm about where Willie is with regard age as such I don't post all that much.
Willie could have probably helped you out if you wished to purchase an air rifle, unfortunately he just sold off just about all of his collection, it would not hurt to ask him anyway.
It seems when a 1938-B comes up for sale a lot of sellers list it as a model 1938 which it is not.
IF my memory serves me right there was a Model 1938 and a Number 1938 , both have the lightning loader system.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2017 at 4:33pm
I came across a true 1938 today.
I did not buy it as the shot tube would not come out.  It would go about a half a round and get tight like something was in the base area.  It also let the bb's roll out the tube when I pointed it down.  I thought the bb retainer spring/clip may have come loose and is binding the tube.
It was priced at $25 and was in pretty good shape.
Should I have purchased it?
I collect only the older Plymouth Daisy's so I am not familiar with these.
Should I go back and get it?
Thanks
Rick

Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2017 at 7:03pm
For $25 if it is in good shape visually I'd have probably bought it. I have one with a cracked stock though, so maybe I'm biased. $25 isn't too bad though, either way I don't think.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2017 at 8:47pm
It did look good hardly any marks on it.  It was marked Model 1938 and nothing else.
It has the pressed in Red Ryder on the left side of the stock.  It was missing a couple of the nuts.
I just do not know much about the Rogers Daisy's.
I may go back to see if it is still there if $25 was a good price.  I just had no idea.
Any suggestions on pulling the shot tube out?
Thanks
Rick
Dan Neidinger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Neidinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2017 at 11:07pm
Go buy it! 
Try to turn gun upside down and rock the shot tube back and forth. 
It may take a long time but should come out.
WillH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2017 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by oldwizzer oldwizzer wrote:

IF my memory serves me right there was a Model 1938 and a Number 1938 , both have the lightning loader system.

Ejwills.

My Red Ryder is marked NO. 1938; REG. NO. K789875. It has the lightning loader system. Was there also one marked Model 1938? Thanks  
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2017 at 12:45pm
This one does have the lightening loader.
I am going back and try to buy it later today.
I will then try to get the shot tube out.
That and the missing nuts were the only negatives to the Daisy.
Thanks to all for the info.
Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic