Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Museum Challenge Coin and Medallions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Museum Challenge Coin and Medallions
    Posted: July-26-2017 at 12:35am

I'm looking for a medallion to use on a Model 99 stock I have that's missing the original. I have a couple new replacement medals for the 499 but they're a bit too large to fit the inlay of the 99 stock, else I'd use one of them. The inlet in the 99 stock is 1.5” on the nose but the new 499’s are 1.560”.

This is the stock w/inlet:

Anyone know the diameters of these? These are sold by the Daisy Museum for about $3.00 each, their sizes aren’t listed. I sent an email just now asking them but it can take a while to hear back. I don't believe the bottom one is the same size as the one embedded in the stock of the 130th anniversary Red Ryder, but I don't know that as a fact.

twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 6:49pm
Colbalt,  The Daisy two sided reversible coin is about 1 7/8 inches diameter.  The bronze colored Daisy 2016 coin  is 1 1/2 inches or 1 and 65/128 to be exact and 1/8 inch thick.
Keep On Plinking
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 8:52pm
Thank you- very much appreciated!

almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 6:58pm
That must be a common problem, I have six Model 99s and they are all missing the medallions. Al
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2017 at 10:29am
I see a lot of them missing too. Do they fall out or pried out?

I know the Daisy NRA Commemorative 179 had lots of problems with the NRA seal falling off.
Gary

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic