Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 107 trombone action

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 107 trombone action
    Posted: September-19-2017 at 9:11am
Just paid for one, should be here in a few days. Looked to be in good shape so hoping for the best.

Does anyone here know what I should expect for MV from a 107 in good shape?
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2017 at 7:07pm
Do you know the age of the gun? 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2017 at 7:54pm
No, I sure don't. Seller said the Reg. No. is A022586.  
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2017 at 8:21pm
I'm sure it has rubber seals and they are likely dried out some. Oil will help but they won't swell like leather would. I'd be surprised if it shot harder than 300 fps and probably alot less. Keep us in the loop.
Good luck!!!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2017 at 2:38pm
Took delivery this morning. Shoots a little under 300 fps. I confirmed the Reg. No. does have an "A" suffix and it's a Plymouth gun so was happy to see that. According to Gary Garber's encyclopedia, that makes it one of the less common 107s.

Some close up photos to try to show the condition:

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2017 at 5:10pm
Nice find! from the wear on the pump guide, looks like it was hardly shot.
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2017 at 11:24pm
Very nice find indeed. If you're interested in making a few dollars on it email me. I have a pump gun display that is missing very few since the inception of the King #5 and this particular one is missing. 

The bottom Buck Jones is for sale, so that frees up one spot. Yours would go where it is now.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2017 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by oneandgone oneandgone wrote:

Very nice find indeed. If you're interested in making a few dollars on it email me. I have a pump gun display that is missing very few since the inception of the King #5 and this particular one is missing. everettgrichardson@gmail.com

The bottom Buck Jones is for sale, so that frees up one spot. Yours would go where it is now.

That's an impressive collection, I must say! I sent you an email so if you want to remove it from your post above (spam bots, you know?), you can.

oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2017 at 12:43am
Thanks Mark, I appreciate it. It's a chronological history of the Daisy pump gun. From top to bottom...

King #5 Pump Gun
Daisy #105 Jr Pump Gun
Sears Ranger Pump Gun
Daisy #105/7 Jr Pump Gun (Buck Jones over stamp) Buck Jones variant 1
Daisy #107 Buck Jones Special variant 2
Daisy #107 Buck Jones Special variant 3
Daisy #107 Buck Jones Special variant 3 again
Daisy #107 Pump Gun variant 2, train gun, Plymouth stamp with Rogers production number
Daisy #107 Pump Gun variant 3, Rogers

I am missing one variant of the King #5 and the two variants of the Sears Ranger that are shown in Gary's book. My Ranger is a variant that he had not yet seen. And of course an A coded, Plymouth manufacture, #107.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2017 at 2:00pm
Very nice collection/display.
Thanks for the pictures and list of guns.

I don't know how they sold any of these. They are very had to cock compared to the 25. I thought the first Buck Jones I bought was broke (as did the person I bought if from)  until I realized you had to pull back really hard to get it to cock.
Gay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic