Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Golden Eagle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Golden Eagle
    Posted: October-03-2017 at 9:23am
How many different models did Daisy label "Golden Eagle"? I believe the Model 50 was the original, but I see others listed on Ebay, some look like the Red Ryder with a black stock, fore end and decal. 
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2017 at 9:51am
There was the pre WWII with the coper finish and black wood stock and decal, had the metal sight tube.
The post WWII wide frame with 'gold paint' finish, blonde stock and 303 scope.
Also one of the black plastic stocked pump ups in the 80's(?) with a 4x daisy marked scope.
May have been others.
Gary
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2017 at 6:48pm
There was at least on other in the 1960's. It was gold painted with a "scope" (peep sight) on a 102 frame......I believe.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
WillH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2017 at 6:23am
Information seems to indicate the early Golden Eagles were copper plated; was some sort of clear coat applied over the copper, since bare copper would tarnish badly or was some other coating used ?
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2017 at 9:00am
I did not know him.
A reminder though to think of what will happen to your collection when you pass on.
Having a family member interested in continuing it or at least knowing its value and how best to dispose of it is something to think about.
Tagging items or having some type of inventory a non-BB Gun person can understand is a good start.
Most of us have guns that were around before we were born and they will be here after we are gone.
Gary

oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2017 at 10:28pm
I'm only aware of two, the copper plated Model 50 Golden Eagle for Daisy's 50th Anniversary and the Model 104 Golden Eagle which was a plastic stocked lever gun with a sling and scope. Also, I believe it was shellac that was applied over the bare copper to protect it. That's also what was used on the stocks as I understand it.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2017 at 8:47am
That is four so far--
1-There was the pre WWII with the coper finish and black wood stock and decal, had the metal sight tube.

2-The post WWII wide frame with 'gold paint' finish, blonde stock and 303 scope.

3-Also one of the black plastic stocked pump ups in the 80's(?) with a 4x daisy marked scope.

4-There was at least on other in the 1960's. It was gold painted with a "scope" (peep sight) on a 102 frame......

Any others?

Gary

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 8:18am
Not that I know of, although there were several other gold painted Daisys through the years. The following is from notes, some of the text was taken from this forum- I remember some was written specifically by willielumplump, and some info was from a list of Daisy models posted at the yellow forum. The dates might not be totally accurate. This is cut and pasted from a word document and it usually doesn't come across here correctly formatted, but anyway, here goes:

Model 50 Golden Eagle

1936-1938

Lever action 1000 shot repeater

Copper plated finish

Curved iron lever

Simple tube aperture rear sight
No. 50 was produced from 1936 to 1938 to commemorate Daisy 50th anniversary.

There were 211,590 produced during those years according to Gary Garber's Encyclopedia Of Daisy Plymouth Guns

Orin Ribar, curator at the actual Daisy Museum: This rifle was sold from 1936 to 1938.
The #501, 50th anniversary Daisy was sold from 1936 through 1938. It had a copper plated barrel and a black painted stock with an Eagle decal dated 1886-1936.
Value range is $100-$400 (on date this was written, date unknown by me).

98 Eagle Wide frame

1957 Available scoped

1958-1961 850 shot
1974-1975
1977-1978 700 shot

~290 FPS
            Blond plastic MC stock, warped easily. Has Pledge on R side, Daisy Eagle logo on the other

Plastic Schnabel forearm

Combo vee notch/peep rear sight like some model 25s, mounted on steel arm w/elevation screw adjustment

Metal front sight (some or all?)

Some w/scope, sling, some w/just scope holes(?), all seem to have threaded inserts installed

Curved metal lever- bullseye Daisy w/raised notches along bottom

http://forum.daisymuseum.com/eagle-98_topic1191.html

2006-

The plastic used in the blond stock was extremely unstable. The most common fault was for the butt plate to separate at the seam. The next most common fault was for the butt to warp. An equally common flaw was warpage of the forearm.

The non-scoped Eagle was made in both Plymouth and Rogers in 1955 to 1960. A perfect Rogers gun in a perfect box brings $150 to $200, depending on the buyer. A 90 percent gun with no box is still worth $75 to $100.

A scoped Golden Eagle tops out at $100 in the Blue Book, but may bring $150 in the box. It was made in 1957 only.

The seam separations and warpage drop the gun into the 80% (or less) category and it pretty much tops out at $60 to $75 to an astute buyer. Add 20 percent for guns with a Plymouth address.

Model 104 Golden Eagle

Gold painted finish with detachable scope style peep and extra notched open rear.

Some have 499-style slide safety on right side of receiver

Some have Daisy medallion below lever pivot

856 PowerLine Series
1984-2004
            Plastic black receiver

856C camo stock

856F FO?

.177 single shot pellet, earlier models also BB repeater, rifled, MSP

Grooved plastic receiver

May or may not have “Eagle” or “Golden Eagle” stenciled on receiver

Plain blade or fiber optic front sight, adjustable plastic notched elevator rear sights

37.4” length

smith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2017 at 7:50am
Navyam: Ayurvedic Treatment Centre & Health Spa, Ayurvedic Clinic in Lucknow, Ayurvedic Panchkarma Treatment, Ayurevdic center in lucknow,Ayurvedic Doctor in Lucknow, Ayurvedic Panchkarma Therapies, Hair Spa Manicure & Pedicure, Health Spa Resort,Ayurvedic Clinic.
Ayurvedic Doctor in Lucknow
Ayuvedic Clinic in Lucknow

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2017 at 10:18pm
nt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic