Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Museum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Museum
    Posted: October-03-2017 at 11:59am
Been a while since I posted here.

I was wondering if there is any current information available about the Daisy Museum? Since the 130th swap meet/sale I have heard very little about the Museum. Also I have found little information on Daisy post the Gamo/Daisy sale.

On a very sad note, Mac MCCalmant from Idaho recently passed away. Mac was a longtime collector of Daisy air rifles and had a substantial collection put together over many years. Mac made it to many of the Daisy gathering events and he did attend the 130th event in Rogers. Mac sat with my wife and I at our sales table. He was a fine fellow indeed, and thought maybe some of you might have known him.

Ken

Friend of the Daisy Museum #353

Being a kid with a Daisy-priceless
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2017 at 6:46pm
I did not know Mac. My sympathies go out all the same. Always sad to lose another old time daisy/ airgun collector. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2017 at 12:10pm

Was it just a rumor that Daisy sold out to Gamo?

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2017 at 12:38pm
No rumor- it's true.
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2017 at 5:39pm
Mac,
may he rest in peace, in the comfort of the LORD.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2017 at 5:40pm
Yup, just received some parts from Daisy. The GAMO logo is on the packing slip and invoice along with the Daisy logo. I was told of this a couple years ago by a reliable source.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2017 at 9:25pm
I hope Gamo will take the Daisy production out of China and improve the quality of the guns. I would like to see steel shot tubes and metal levers. How many of these new Daisys will be passed on down to the next few generations.
OK Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2017 at 11:39am
Thank you for the kind words about Mac. I first met him when the Airguns USA group was active many years ago.

Daisy will be coming out with a 35th anniversary Christmas Dream gun in the near future. Looks like a nice rifle with the sundial and compass.  It appears the Museum may continue to produce additional numbered guns from time to time.
Friend of the Daisy Museum #353

Being a kid with a Daisy-priceless
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 9:14am
If you are a member it is described in the Friends of The Museum Newsletter.

Engraved on the stock-35th ANNIVERSARY A CHRISTMAS  DREAM, 1983-2018.
Engraved sundial, compass with bezel insert. Forearm engraved A CHRISTMAS DREAM XXXX of 2500. Copper plated forearm band, die cast metal cocking lever.
The museum will hand on to numbers 1,2 and 2500.
Friends have until Oct 27th to reserve their membership number then they will be released to the general public.
Gary
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2017 at 10:20am
Does anyone know if these guns are made in the U.S.?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic