Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Models 914 and 814

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Models 914 and 814
    Posted: October-10-2017 at 7:06pm
Hi, I just purchased two Daisy guns.

Both similar to the M1 carbine.

One is a model 914 Range Rifle and the other an Powerline model 814.

Both in good condition and shoot well.

The 914 has it's sights replaced with a Daisy scope.

I have heard that one or both are pretty rare because they were only made for about 1 year.

I could not find them in the Blue Book, so I am not sure which is the rarer gun.

If the model 914 was the rare one, and the 814 just another gun, I would consider taking the sights from the 914 to make it complete.

Can you shed a little light on this for me/

thank you and regards, gkenny.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 8:02pm
As far as I know the 914 is the more desirable of the two from a collector's standpoint. I know it's the one I wanted a while back. Below is what I had in my notes, much if not all of it you may already know but thought I'd put it out there anyway. Please understand this came from the interweb so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the info.

914 Power Line Range Rifle
1988-1989

Mini 14 replica

SSP, similar to the 840 (Grizzly)

Removable 300 shot bb storage ‘magazine’

~$100-up

BB-Pellet, Max distance 216yds, 320fps BB's, 300fps pellets

814 Powerline 814 Sporter

1987-1989

Resembles M-14

Extendable wire buttstock, mostly made from plastic

BB/pellet, .177 caliber, SSP

400fps BB's, 370fps pellets

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 8:51pm
All I would add is that.....to my knowledge.....both guns have the same power plant, so I'm not sure why there would be much difference in muzzle energy. In fact, but for the different stock configuration, I think they are the same gun. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 1:51am
[QUOTE=cobalt327] As far as I know the 914 is the more desirable of the two from a collector's standpoint. I know it's the one I wanted a while back. Below is what I had in my notes, much if not all of it you may already know but thought I'd put it out there anyway. Please understand this came from the interweb so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the info.

914 Power Line Range Rifle
1988-1989

Mini 14 replica

SSP, similar to the 840 (Grizzly)

Removable 300 shot bb storage ‘magazine’

~$100-up

BB-Pellet, Max distance 216yds, 320fps BB's, 300fps pellets

814 Powerline 814 Sporter

1987-1989

Resembles M-14

Extendable wire buttstock, mostly made from plastic

BB/pellet, .177 caliber, SSP

400fps BB's, 370fps pellets

Thank you very much Colbalt327, I appreciate your help! 
Why do you think these two guns are not listed in the Blue Book, or did I just miss them.?
Regards, gkenny.  
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 1:52am
Originally posted by the fuse the fuse wrote:

All I would add is that.....to my knowledge.....both guns have the same power plant, so I'm not sure why there would be much difference in muzzle energy. In fact, but for the different stock configuration, I think they are the same gun. 

Thanks Fuse, regards, gkenny.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by gkenny gkenny wrote:

Why do you think these two guns are not listed in the Blue Book, or did I just miss them.?
Regards, gkenny.  
gkenny, I don't believe you missed them- the Blue Book seems to have skipped right over them both! No idea of why. FWIW, although my "library" is tiny, they're in none of the books I have (obviously not going to be in Gary Garber's Plymouth encyclopedia)-

Daisy Air Rifles and BB Guns: The First 100 Years

The American BB Gun ­ A Collector's Guide

American Air Rifles

Blue Book, 12th Edition

An Encyclopedia of Daisy Plymouth Guns

So at least you'll know where NOT to bother looking! haha

Good luck. 

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 8:44pm
Page 33 of the Daisy Airgun Collector's Guide says they were both made 1988-1989. Of course there is no price reference in that book.
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 12:25am
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

Originally posted by gkenny gkenny wrote:

Regards, gkenny.  
gkenny, I don't believe you missed them- the Blue Book seems to have skipped right over them both! No idea of why. FWIW, although my "library" is tiny, they're in none of the books I have (obviously not going to be in Gary Garber's Plymouth encyclopedia)-

Daisy Air Rifles and BB Guns: The First 100 Years

The American BB Gun ­ A Collector's Guide

American Air Rifles

Blue Book, 12th Edition

An Encyclopedia of Daisy Plymouth Guns

So at least you'll know where NOT to bother looking! haha

Good luck. 

Thank you cobalt! A real mystery!

Regards, gkenny.
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Airitis Airitis wrote:

Page 33 of the Daisy Airgun Collector's Guide says they were both made 1988-1989. Of course there is no price reference in that book.

Thank you Iritis, appreciate your input! Love your name!

Regards, gkenny.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 6:32pm
LOL. Thanks.....I think.   The name is Airitis, like "Air (There) it is. Not like Arthritis. Although the latter might be more appropriate. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic