Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofat95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 21
    Posted: December-13-2017 at 1:12pm
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have a Daisy Model 21 double barrel BB gun that my dad purchased new for me one Christmas. I think this was in the late 60's. The gun is very clean, works well and there are no cracks in the plastic furniture or any rust for that matter. I would like to sell this as I know it is somewhat valuable. I listed it on ebay at one point, received a lot of inquirers then ebay pulled this weapon of mass destruction off. Any idea on how I can sell this?

Thank you!

Nofat
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2017 at 4:38pm
send your e-mail address.
mbfgdn@bright.net
Marv, NW OH
Daily shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2017 at 6:46pm
Did eBay explain why they pulled your listing. Seems like everybody and their cousins are listing Daisys. Tom
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2017 at 7:31pm
I would relist it! I and others here have recently bought and sold BB guns on eBay without any problems. BB guns (in some cases) are selling for VERY high prices, you might do very well selling your model 21.

Good luck.
nofat95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofat95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2017 at 1:22pm
They said it was a firearm, not a toy. They let some who are grandfathered in who sold these in the past continue to list. Everytime I listed they pulled it within 24 hours.
Nofat
nofat95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofat95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2017 at 1:24pm
Thanks. As I don't use this and it has been in our gun safe for decades I may take the funds from this sale and buy a nice semi auto rifle. At least I would use that more.
Nofat
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2017 at 8:54am
Here is something from Stevec that might be worth trying]]

I had trouble too but then found out if you put this phrase at the end of you description it seems to allow your ad. This is the phrase you need to add----
This replica contains the colored markings required by law,Including a permanently attached orange plug

They would kick off my ads until I added this phrase. They seem to require it
Steven

Good Luck,
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2017 at 6:06pm
Something else I often see is the following statement:

"This listing complies with eBay's air gun guidelines found here and I will only sell and ship air guns to buyers in jurisdictions where permitted by applicable laws - http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html"

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2017 at 5:23pm
I had a conversation with ebay a couple of weeks ago, and was told there were actually a couple of components to selling bb guns there.  One was the inclusion of the required text found elsewhere in this thread regarding "... complying with EBAY rules.. sold only where legal" etc.  I think the url elsewhere in this thread is the right link that explains that.

Another part was that you had already had to be an active seller.  To be an active seller, you have to have some number of completed sales in a month (I think it was 5) .  Of course those things can't be things with additional requirements to list.  

And I think there was something about your buyers have to rate the transaction satisfactory or better.  It wasn't enough to just complete the transactions, they'd need the feedback to 'prove' it.

If you have the better than the minimum sales volume and rating and if you put the required text in your post, then you can post your bb gun.  If any of that set of requirements isn't met, your listing will get bounced.  

And that's the story I was told.  

Vince
smith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2018 at 7:35am
Hi!
i am new comer here so let welcome me...
i am just looking for some interesting things and i am pretty much sure that here i will get them... share some interesting things with me........"
Real Estate Developers in Lucknow
Plots in Lucknow
Residential Properties in Lucknow
Residential Plots in Lucknow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic