Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DAISY BAYONET

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2018 at 1:37pm
My bayonet has the tab and the same patina and grime as the gun so its legit. It is missing the front site. There is a small hole on top of the barrel where it looks like it would have been screwed into,  did the early style site screw into this?  I have read that later models were fixed so I am assuming this is an early production.  Any thoughts on this and how hard will it be  to find that tiny piece of the puzzle.
rexron911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexron911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2018 at 11:22pm

In Gary Garber's Book is an example picture below referencing both variations.

Variation 2 on the left (Fixed Front Sight) and Variation 1 on the right (Adjustable Front sight)

Your Daisy Defender model 40 is most likely a variation 1 with the sight removed.

To view picture below:

1) Highlight the entire link.

2) Right click and open link.

https://imgur.com/a/K4dIl

RedRam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2018 at 6:09am
Thanks for the picture, it was very helpful. Mine is the one on the right, minus the site but at least that narrows down the year as well. The one on the left has a round circle type base and mine is square on top like in the picture on the right. You guys have been great,  thanks again.
rexron911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexron911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2018 at 8:59pm
Might be difficult to find that front sight loose for sale.
Okay, Black Bart, now you get yours!!!
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2018 at 9:10am
I don't have the name but someone at the Kalamazoo show had them when I was there two years ago. Not sure if they were original or reproductions. I needed one for a #25.
Gary
RedRam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2018 at 5:51pm
I plan to go to that show this year.  Its only about 40 minutes south of me so maybe I can find some parts I need for the no 40 and others. I've never gone to it but from what I see online it looks like a good show.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2018 at 9:59am
May not be much help but in addition to some nice guns he had an organizer type thing with drawers and lots of small parts.
If you just ask around someone will probably be able to direct you to him. 
Everyone there was really great to me on my first visit.
I think you will really enjoy the show even if you don't find a sight, it is amazing.
Gary
RedRam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2018 at 7:21pm
Since I am a newbie, what do the stars above my picture mean?
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2018 at 11:14am
Originally posted by RedRam RedRam wrote:

I plan to go to that show this year.  Its only about 40 minutes south of me so maybe I can find some parts I need for the no 40 and others. I've never gone to it but from what I see online it looks like a good show.

You really need to go. Wish I could get there in 40 minutes.
Gary
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by RedRam RedRam wrote:

Since I am a newbie, what do the stars above my picture mean?

I believe they are an indication or your 'level' based on how many posts you have made.
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic