Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

35th Anniversary RR fail.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2018 at 11:02am
I have a feeling your lever issue is due to poor aluminum casting. I have never had a Daisy metal lever that was as worn as you describe. From your story, it sounds like the lever wore out within a day or two. That is real bad. I'd put in n old metal lever.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Daily shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 2:50pm
Daisy did send me a prepaid Fed Ex shipping label to return the second failed RR cocking lever. But just to see I put it in another RR that had a metal lever and it is working with no problems. In fact the lever I removed from that gun looks more worn than the suspect one. Now, I wonder if the fault lies not with the lever but with the trigger assembly in the Christmas Dream RR. Going to keep shooting with the suspect lever for a while. My girlfriend is happy with the plastic lever in her gun and will not let me take it apart to compare triggers with another older RR.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 5:24pm
There is definitely something to be said for a happy girl friend. Just the two cents from a guy who has had plenty of experience with an unhappy partner. Ouch 
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 7:16pm
Something just occurred to me. You can check something without taking the gun apart. Use a disassembled RR to compare if the trigger bolts and lever bolts line up. If the holes are off then a little wear will change the way the cocking distance engages. Otherwise.....sneak the gun away when she isn't looking and do a little "internal investigating".   
Air-It-Is
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2018 at 12:17am
Airitis , your first suggestion is a good one and I'll do that. The second one? What are you, crazy? Sneak a woman's gun when she is not looking!
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2018 at 6:12pm
I stand corrected. Please forgive my moment of insanity.
Air-It-Is
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2018 at 8:44pm
That's ok. I learned as a youngster in the 1950s from my mother that women are Never not watching !
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2018 at 5:48pm
Yes..... I now work hard to avoid the nearly always bad "Honey, could I talk to you for a minute".
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2018 at 1:36pm
Hey Daily Shooter, You won't believe this. I bought a few of the Red's after Christmas and the front of the plastic cocking levers are at least 1/4" longer than older ones I have!! Even with noticeable wear, both metal and plastic can't wear that much and still work. I think that the Christmas Dreams were models that were made with plastics and then converted with metals, these were older types. If my guess is correct, new 2017 guns need longer levers. I took an old lever which works well, installed it in the new gun and it did not engage the sear.

I'll do more verifying but this seems like a subtle change in manufacturing process. I'll keep you posted.
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2018 at 7:10pm
Well, the drillings on the body line up with ones from an older model. Switching the trigger didn't help. I'm thinking the plunger back end may have something to do with it. Next step is to disassemble and check it out.
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic