Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEZZ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy parts
    Posted: March-09-2018 at 11:31am
Good Morning !
                      I have recently gotten the daisy collecting bug and have been acquiring some project's . I shoot all the daisy's I buy so I would like to replace some of the seals . my first question is where can I buy seal kits ? next question is there a set of seals that fit a majority of daisy's , most of the daisy's are red rider's and models 96,97,102 . thanks very much for the help
Daily shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 12:37pm
Go to jgairguns.com. You can search for parts by model number. Generally there are two seal sizes: larger ones for red rider types and smaller for no 25 pumps and similar. Then some others have special size seals like the 1894. Other guys on here know much more about seals and such. Sure they can help. Stay away from eBay as people buy from JG then try to turn a profit on parts. Also call Daisy itself for parts that are still in production. Go to daisy outdoor products. com. Have fun. Tom
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 12:58pm

Much of what you need can be bought directly from Daisy.

Model 25 guns that use synthetic seals and the wide frame guns (88, 95, 96, 98, 99, etc.) and a few others (21, 75, 80, 104 dbl. barrel, 155, 410, etc.) use the same seals as the current production model 25 (1/16" smaller OD than the Red Ryder and models 102, 104, 105, etc.). You can also use the air tube but if doing so, use the pin w/the flats (p/n 132938-000 Plunger pin, $0.25/each)- the round pin used on earlier gins won't fit through the new air tube hole.

Many lever BB guns can use the spring from the current production Red Ryder (part numbers, etc. below). This spring may be a bit much for the current model 25. JG Airgun has several springs, other vendors may also but I cannot comment on that.

Model 25 part numbers:

130225-100 Plunger head, $1.50/each

130126-100 Barrel seal, $1.00/each

150272-100 Air tube, $1.00/each

Earlier Red Ryder and models 102, 104, 105, etc. can use the current production Red Ryder piston seal, spring and air tube/pin. These parts aren’t sold individually but you can buy the complete plunger assembly and use what you need. Note that the new style plunger tube is made to work w/the current production plastic trigger and IIRC it’s not compatible w/the 1-piece stamped steel trigger.

169750-000 Plunger assembly, $4.00/each

Daisy no longer sells a barrel seal that fits these guns (the new shot tube assembly does away w/the traditional barrel seal and abutment). I hear making one from leather will work but I have no info on that.

JG Airguns and others also sell seals and other parts not available from Daisy. Besides JG, I like Ken Hofstra at daisy@integritygunsmithing.com.  

You can contact Daisy by email or phone to get a PDF sent showing an exploded view and parts list. I posted some of them on page 2, I think, [URL=https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/putting-a-little-more-power-in-a-15-00-daisy.807316/]HERE[/URL].

NEZZ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEZZ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 7:02pm

Daily shooter & Cobalt

I truly appreciate all the help thank you both . I just recently disassembled my first daisy so I'm still learning all the parts and pieces and there correct names . my hope was to have seals on hand for current and future projects . the majority of my rifles are lever gun red Ryder style . I have one model 25 that I haven't quite figured out how to dissembled yet . thanks

Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 9:57pm
eBay is a resource for repair manuals. Usually reprints for about 5$. You will want one for the no. 25.
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2018 at 10:09pm
tj, below is a website with a lot of information on the Daisy BB gun.  It has some service manuals and older schematics.  Just copy and past in your browser.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/576299/message/1304028773/Dave+Albert.+++++++Daisy+Resource.

Pat
NEZZ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEZZ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 1:14pm
YOU GUYS ROCK . THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP .
NEZZ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEZZ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 2:27pm

Help 

My question is there is a seal above the plunger head is this the barrel seal ? is the abutment washer the metal piece that is staked in the barrel ?  thanks again
NEZZ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEZZ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 2:48pm
Image result for 130225-100 Plunger head
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2018 at 5:48pm
You are correct sir. The barrel seal must remain fixed behind the abutment for the gun to shoot as intended. It may need a new seal or the air tube smoothed and polished so that it slides easily in and out of the barrel seal without pulling if off it's seat. And only use non detergent 20 or 30 weight motor oil to lube Daisy's or Crosman Pelgun oil.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic