Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early Tube of BB's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Tube of BB's
    Posted: March-20-2018 at 9:17am
I am looking for a couple of cardboard tubes of BB's as shown on page 366 of Gary Garber's "An Encyclopedia of Daisy Plymouth Guns".  These are the small or short cardboard tube of BB's that have a red cap and BB's lithographed on the lower half of the tube.  I am trying to complete a very nice Daisy Bulls Eye BB target pistol set.  Thank you any leads or assistance with this search. Star 
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2018 at 4:26pm
Those are really hard to come by.
I have bid on just one of those before on Ebay 5 plus years ago.  I bid $30 plus dollars and that was not enough.
I did find 2 of them in a group box of bb's in a Antique store one time.  I could hardly believe those 2 were in the box and could hardly wait for the store person to open the case and get the box out for me to purchase.  I bought the box of about a dozen tubes for just a few dollars and some were full of old bb's.  One of them was in pretty good shape and the other was fair shape but it did finish my old 177 pistol set from Plymouth.
I continue to look but I have not found any since the Antique store purchase.
Should I run across any I will buy them and let you know.
Rick in TX

Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 10:19am
Thanks Rick, I really appreciate it!  I too have looked for these over the years.  I have only seen occasionally one tube that happens to been in a Bulls Eye Target Set being sold.  I really was not going to buy the whole set just to get the one tube.  I have actually never seen a tube for sale alone.  Oh well, I will continue my quest for the "unicorn" tube(s).
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 1:38pm
I have been doing this thing we have for almost 10 years. I have had only one of the tubes you describe. It was in an otherwise complete Bulls Eye set that I sold a couple years back. Might have been the one that you noticed. My eyes are always peeled for them. Good luck. Smile
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2018 at 4:19pm
Fuse, I actually recall when you sold the set with only one of the original BB tubes.  I was browsing Ebay today and there is a new posting for a Daisy Bulls Eye Target Pistol set that also only has one tube of the original bb's that I am looking for.  Maybe this is your old set?  If someone from this forum ends up with it, I would certainly be interested in the original tube of bb's at a premium price.  

I also have a complete Daisy Bulls Eye Target Pistol set in very good to excellent condition.  It is a Plymouth, MI set.  It does have two small tubes of BB's that are the "blue top" tubes.  I am interested in selling this set.  I have a duplicate and that is why I am still searching for the original tubes.

Star     

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2018 at 9:13am
I saw that set last night on Ebay. It does look very familiar to me, as well. Smile I do a lot of flea marketing and always look for anything airgun. I have found lots of old ammo. I'll keep my eye's peeled for them litho tubes of BB's.
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2018 at 9:56am
Daisy Targeteer BB tubes

I have a few of the Targeteer tiny BB red, white blue tubes, most have bb's in them.

LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2018 at 5:43pm
Not sure that we are talking about the same BB tubes. The ones Iceman and I are referring to are paper tubes that have a lithograph picture of BB's on the bottom tube. They contained .177 BB's and were only made for sale with the .177 "bulls-eye" target pistol in the late 50's. Very rare. 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2018 at 7:56pm
Not mine.

Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2018 at 9:21pm
That's the one Cobalt.  Thanks for posting a pic!
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic