Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder Furnature Upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by BurghDude BurghDude wrote:

Hey Cobalt.  On the bottom of his picture is his website:  www.tgwms.com  You can see a couple of other RR designs there as well.  I'd have been interested in the material for the cocking lever as well!  I have one of the big loop ChiefAJ levers and enjoy it.  I like this new design even better, but have the same concern about strength and reliability. 

Some time when I have time I intend to bore out the airtube on my play RR.  Your thread on RR mod was great!  Thank you for sharing that journey!

Thanks, I'll check out his website! And thank you for the words of support- we had a lot of fun and I know I learned a ton about these guns as well as broke some ground that had been previously unturned. Not bragging- there were a lot of folks involved in that thread, not just me by any means- but that thread still gets north of 75 views a day and has more total views (49K as of today) than any other thread I'm aware of in the airgun category. That tells me that I wasn't alone in wanting to understand what makes a Daisy lever BB gun tick along with how to tweak them.

ETA- Was just at www.tgwms.com to have a look-see and I'm glad there are several different kits being offered. Too bad the $25 set doesn't come with the cheek riser but maybe $omething can be worked out to make that happen.

I'm going to ask a couple questions but I'm pretty sure I'll be making an order.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 5:02pm
Yes, lots of people would like a longer length of pull and that looks like it would do the trick and it comes in 4 different colors.
Gary
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 5:16pm
Airitis, I live out near the Greater PGH Airport.. and I'd be happy to meet :)  

And Cobalt, I couldn't agree more about the new Chinese guns being fair game!  I wouldn't dream of messing with my 111-40s, but modern RRs are cheap and plentiful.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 5:27pm

Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2018 at 8:06pm
Hi all , just checked the web site , very nice one for sure , may have to save up my Pennies for some custom additions and I have an extra unfired  RR  , be nice to have some extra LOP , I have the Chief A.J. and lever but always looking for something outside the box and it's nice to see someone  who thinks outside of the box too .
Realshooter
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2018 at 3:02pm
BurghDude, Reach me through my email address from my profile.

Yinz guys are right. The new guns are fun to mess with 'cause the investment is low amd there's plenty of 'em to be had.
Air-It-Is
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 11:21pm
I'd actually be really interested in a Cobalt hot rodded RR with this furniture.

Oohhh I just noticed they are available in Desert Tan and OD Green too! 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by oneandgone oneandgone wrote:

I'd actually be really interested in a Cobalt hot rodded RR with this furniture.

Oohhh I just noticed they are available in Desert Tan and OD Green too! 
Well, if there's anything I can do from my end to make that happen, just let me know.

ETA, a heads-up about contacting Trevor- I tried to contact him by using his site's contact page but didn't hear anything back, so earlier today I emailed him directly (T@TGWMS.com) and he emailed me back. So using email to communicate looks like the best bet.
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2018 at 11:03pm
I have your email address and probably phone number around here somewhere. I'll get in touch for the details. If you felt like picking up a new RR and rodding it out I'd gladly pay you for your trouble to do it and to send it my way. Time is valuable and I'm more than happy to compensate you for your troubles. I can pick up the kit from Trevor and add that later on or if you want you can do that as well. I'm flexible. If you're too busy or not interested I totally understand. Please don't let me put you on the spot. Lastly, I'd pay up front so you're not out any cash while you do it. 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2018 at 4:38am
I'm sure we can work something out. Get in touch when you feel like it, but I would suggest to not buy a gun and ship it to me- much cheaper for me to pick one up here, then there will be just shipping one way. Odd that I don't see the RR online at WM, but they usually have them on the shelf.

When I communicated w/Trevor re the furniture, the deal is that he's gaging interest before committing to a production run, and obviously that makes sense. The parts shown are 3D printed prototypes (ain't technology great?) and from what I gathered final details like removable or permanent stock cheek riser and I'm sure other things aren't yet finalized (I voted for a removable/replaceable cheek riser and he's also leaning that way I believe). I mentioned two other forums where he could ask about interest in the parts. So I'm hoping that there will be a run of the parts but it could be a ways down the road. 

He said the lever will be made of glass filled nylon and it would be able to handle the added cocking effort from the spring preload. I estimated it to him to be 30% more than unmodded.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic