Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 1894

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 1894
    Posted: April-18-2018 at 7:31pm
Hi, recently, I purchased a matched pair of the Daisy Model 1894's. They are in very nice condition, probably at least 90% condition outwardly. 

The problem is internally. They cock and fire correctly, with a strong puff of air out of the front, but they do not feed the BB's. After loading in the usual way by pouring BB's into the feed mechanism by pushing down the little spring loaded cartridge on the side, the BB's just roll down into the fore grip or rear stock and never load the spring loaded slide in front of the grip.

Am I loading correctly or are there parts missing or broken? Can you help?

Thank you and regards, gkenny.
Daily shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2018 at 11:14pm
Hey Kenny, I would suggest you search Daisy model 1894 on You tube. There are several videos on loading and repair. Good place to learn. Good luck.   Tom
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Daily shooter Daily shooter wrote:

Hey Kenny, I would suggest you search Daisy model 1894 on You tube. There are several videos on loading and repair. Good place to learn. Good luck.   Tom

Thank you Tom, I will do that tonight!

Regards, gkenny.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 3:04pm
Hi , seems to me when I had that problem with one a few years back I just had to take off the forearm and did a little tinkering with the feed tube deal and oiled it and all worked just fine and didn't have to take the whole thing even close to all apart - which is no fun for sure , worth a try and takes only a few minutes .
Realshooter
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 5:05pm
Hi gkenny.  I really enjoy the 1894 Daisy guns.  I've had a couple apart, and successfully back together ;) .  But that was a couple of years ago.  The thing about what you're describing is there are a couple of points that could go wrong.  There's a video on youtube that while I don't necessarily agree with what he's doing, has a couple of spots where you can pretty clearly see what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4Ue_vXoxg

3:10 and 3:19 show good images of how the gun should be without the front grip on.  They show the relationship between the feed tube (behind the loading gate), the feed block (that diverts bbs to or from the magazine to the barrel) and the magazine.  If any of those aren't connected, the bbs will just roll loose in the gun.

Hope that helps, and write more if you want more details.

gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Dannop2 Dannop2 wrote:

Hi , seems to me when I had that problem with one a few years back I just had to take off the forearm and did a little tinkering with the feed tube deal and oiled it and all worked just fine and didn't have to take the whole thing even close to all apart - which is no fun for sure , worth a try and takes only a few minutes .

Thank you Dannop2, I really appreciate your help. This Weekend I will 'tinker' with the feed area as you did and find out what is wrong.

Regards, gkenny.

gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by BurghDude BurghDude wrote:

Hi gkenny.  I really enjoy the 1894 Daisy guns.  I've had a couple apart, and successfully back together ;) .  But that was a couple of years ago.  The thing about what you're describing is there are a couple of points that could go wrong.  There's a video on youtube that while I don't necessarily agree with what he's doing, has a couple of spots where you can pretty clearly see what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4Ue_vXoxg

3:10 and 3:19 show good images of how the gun should be without the front grip on.  They show the relationship between the feed tube (behind the loading gate), the feed block (that diverts bbs to or from the magazine to the barrel) and the magazine.  If any of those aren't connected, the bbs will just roll loose in the gun.

Hope that helps, and write more if you want more details.

Thank you BurghDude, will watch that video soon and try your suggestions to check the connections.

Thanks again and regards, gkenny.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 1:42pm
You are welcome , hopefully it will be an easy fun fix , maybe just an old corroded Crosman copperhead BB that got stuck loading or something  - good luck 
Realshooter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic