Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Scope'/shroud you don't see every day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Scope'/shroud you don't see every day
    Posted: April-20-2018 at 2:34pm

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2018 at 9:16am
I have never seen one with the 'shroud' like that. Any idea what it is off of?
Is it for one of the wide frame guns?
gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2018 at 10:07am
Gary, honestly I have no idea! Was hoping someone here could ID it. I went as far as to photoshop a copy w/a transparent background so I could overlay it onto photos of various Daisys, and I still couldn't find a match. Like you, I had also thought it might be a wide frame thing but when overlaid onto one of them, the front of the shroud sits above the wide frame shroud by a quarter inch or so, leaving a gap. At least that's how it looked to me.

Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2018 at 11:33am
It almost looks like it was made to fit over a model 25 - slide the front under the rear sight and put the stock screw back in or a longer one.
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2018 at 3:18pm
Maybe. I tried to overlay the scope on a 25 earlier but after looking at the photo below, it might work. Seems like the basic lines match but that's a guess. ¯\_()_/¯

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2018 at 4:34pm
It's up to >$42 w/2 days to go- so someone must know what it goes to! haha
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2018 at 8:45pm
Looks like the form of a D 99/95 or the like. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2018 at 8:59pm
The slot in the front and sweeping at the back and the screw hole is what makes it hard for me to tell what it fits on.
Someone on here needs to buy it and then tell the rest of us what it actually fits.
It is something you do not see every day.  It is the first time for me to see this one in all my collecting days.
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 1:16pm
It sold for $79.99.  Not mine or anyone I know.
Did anyone on here purchase it?
I would like to know what it fit and more about it.
Just Curious!
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 3:20pm
Not me. There were only 4 bidders but I have to believe at least one of them knows what they were bidding on. Too bad ebay no longer allows contact w/bidders, else I'd be asking! I've asked at the American Vintage Airgun forum but so far nothing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic