Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Scope'/shroud you don't see every day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Neidinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 5:08pm
I will let you know more when I get it and figure out what it fits!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 5:49pm
That's great, Dan- I'm really curious!

Mark
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 8:04pm
That is great.
The mystery will be solved.
I thought it might be someone from the forum who purchased it.
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
Dan Neidinger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Neidinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2018 at 10:25pm
Well the mystery continues! The scope does not fit any gun I have.
I think it may fit the Daisy play gun with the rubber bayonet.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2018 at 8:35pm
The mystery continues...
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2018 at 8:47pm
The only bayonet gun I'm aware of is the 40 Defender.  This scope wouldn't work on that, there's no place for that tang screw to attach.  Are you talking about a different one?

Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2018 at 9:04am
I think he referenced the "trainer" that has the rubber bayonet.  I do not have the trainer so I can't speak to that, however, I do have a rubber bayonet in pristine condition.   
Smile
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2018 at 8:33am
Anything else turn up on what gun this was made for?
Gary
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2018 at 12:53pm
I may be way off here, but this looks like a toy. It doesn't seem to be solidly mountable. Looks like the front slides under an existing rear sight and only has one screw in the back. Also, it doesn't have adjustments for elevation nor windage. Can't tell if there are lenses. Maybe it was made for a popgun or as an "add-on".
Air-It-Is
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2018 at 8:52am
Could be. But none of the 'peep sight scopes' used on the BB guns had any adjustment. Certainly a solidly made item compared to the plastic of today.
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic