Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy No 300 scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy No 300 scope
    Posted: April-24-2018 at 12:55pm
Hi,

I need two parts for the Daisy No. 300 scope;

I need the little rubber cup on the end of the scope and the flat metal bar  that attaches to the rear stock.

Can that little bar that attaches to the stock be made from a cut-off of a Model 25? It looks a lot like that.

Thank you for any help that you may offer.

Regards, gkenny.
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 1:22pm
I bought a rubber cup that looks like the original at the local auto parts store some years ago.
Look in their brake cylinder cup section.  My store now out of business, since O'Reilly came to town had a section of those cups on a pegboard display.
Hope this helps.
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Rick Cates Rick Cates wrote:

I bought a rubber cup that looks like the original at the local auto parts store some years ago.
Look in their brake cylinder cup section.  My store now out of business, since O'Reilly came to town had a section of those cups on a pegboard display.
Hope this helps.
Rick in TX

Thank you Rick, what a great idea! I was not thinking of that possibility!

We have several auto parts stores in our area, I will check them out tomorrow. Thank you.

Regards, gkenny.  
Dan Neidinger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Neidinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 5:10pm
Both are available at the show in Michigan!
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2018 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Dan Neidinger Dan Neidinger wrote:

Both are available at the show in Michigan!

Thank you Dan, but unfortunately I won't be at that show.

Rick from Daisy Talk, told me about a small brake cylinder which he has used, and I heard about a man named Dick Ricker, who made a mold and makes them for sale at $25 post paid.

My other problem is the little bar that goes from the back of the sight down a couple of inches to a screw in the top of the stock, similar to the model 25 attachment, any suggestions for that part?

Thanks again, regards, gkenny.
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 11:18am
gkenny

I think that Dick Ricker may be able to provide you with that rear mount as well.
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 12:14pm
The contact information I have for Dick Ricker is, dricker@tc3net.com, Home phone: 517-486-3862 Cell 517-260-0799.  I hope he has what you need.

Pat
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2018 at 1:21pm
If he doesn't, I bought both pieces from Duane Shaferly.  His phone number is 419-435-7909.  If memory serves he had rear mounts for both the 25 (with the rear tang) and the 111-04 (without the tang).  They weren't cheap, but they were first rate. 

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2019 at 4:16pm
I just received a couple of the rubber eye cups form Dick rocker. Look great, slipped right on, first class work.
Thanks for the number for the rear mounts.
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic