Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1894s...How Many ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 7:49am
1894  GOLDEN SPIKE
"Replica Centennial Rifle Crafted by Daisy".
Only model I've ever seen that has that inscribed on the barrel. 
Metalic gold (not paint), curved butt plate
Mod 799.19052
Marv, NW OH
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 8:14am
You're right!  I forgot to look at the cursive script by the oil hole.  The Golden Boy just has "Crafted By Daisy", and the Golden Spike has "Replica Centennial Rifle Crafted by Daisy".  I put a picture of the two back in my earlier post, showing the difference in receiver color.  
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 10:11am
Think we have just confirmed a "puzzle" that few know about.
Some time ago I had a discussion with BAKERS AIRGUNS about a GOLDEN SPIKE they had listed. I asked how it differed from the golden boy and was told "There is no difference". Then I asked how they knew they had a Golden Spike and never got an answer. I guess they were correct (????) only difference is the "script"
Marv, NW OH
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 10:40am
Does anyone care to share pictures and what models they are of their 1894s? We could make something of a visual record here in the forum. If anyone want to send their pictures to me, I'll happily do the legwork of posting them. Or maybe a good question is, does anyone else think this is worth doing? ;)
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 11:39am
GREAT IDEA !!!!
One gun at a time?
Or, groups, or Collections?
If you do groups, I would suggest no more than 2 at a time.
Marv
Marv, NW OH
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 5:31pm
Marv, hope you are gonna' be O.K.

The flat finish looks similar to a Sears version of the 880 I have. I bet it was reserved for their branded guns.
Air-It-Is
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 8:01pm
So Marv, I think I agree that singles or small groups is the best way to go.  I also think we should start another thread with the pictures.  Maybe other users will use it as a repository over time.

MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 9:31pm
I can take pics but no good at "posting" them.
Why don't you start a new thread and post a few singles.. that could give an idea as to how we can contribute.

Marv, NW OH
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2018 at 9:49pm
Will do, when I get a chance ;)  I might have time to start this weekend.  
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2018 at 2:35pm
For those interested in seeing a Winchester Golden Spike, there's one on GB right now:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/769869743

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic