Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

daisy defender model 140 box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 12:53pm
I'm interested, if it's original.
keenkutterrick View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 1:06pm
816 699 8208. Call me about the Defender box, please.
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 1:19pm

If this is the same one that's on Ebay right now, I don't think it's an original box. As far as I know an original one would be 1 piece with flaps at both ends. This one is 2 pieces and looks really new. 
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2020 at 10:12am

Wow I can't believe that box sold for $305 considering it might not be original. A tattered real one sold for more recently but at least you got a gun with it.
keenkutterrick View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2020 at 5:51am
It was a reproduction. I had an original. The original was a one piece box, with end flaps. I guy out east made the repros, but never sold them as original. I hate seeing people get ripped off. Someone got a $325 lesson.
daisyfan104 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyfan104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2020 at 4:28pm
All,
I searched my computer files for a photo of the box for the 140, and I found one folder that showed a typical tube type box. I believe this box is original.  Then I found another that showed the type of box you mentioned where the gun sits in a plain cardboard tray and had a colorful lid.  Only a small part of this box was visible in the photo of the gun. I am not so certain this box is original. Both boxes have the same graphics.  
The late Bob Spielvogel used to make fabulous boxes of the latter type.  If I ever had the chance to buy one, I'd jump at it.  Next best thing to original and a work of art in itself.
As a side note, Rick Cates was kind enough to share photos of his beautiful No. 50 Golden Eagle that he mentioned above.  He graciously allowed me to use the photos in the 2nd and 3rd editions of my book.  If you have the book, you might want to take a look.
Gary Garber
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2020 at 1:33pm

Thanks for posting that info about Bob Spielvogel. I always wondered who made the repo boxes. They looked great and were definitely a work of art.
Rhomsey01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhomsey01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2020 at 7:56pm
No body got ripped off. I put a disclaimer in there saying maybe a reproduction
Thanks
Rodger
Rhomsey01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhomsey01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2020 at 8:20pm
I was the one who sold the 140 defender box. I was told by another collector it was real. I collect Daisy Military Guns and double barrels. I’m a collector not a businessman. When Keenkutterrick informed me that the box I listed may be a reproduction I immediately added that important information to the “item details”

I don’t pass My problems onto others. It ain’t right.

When keenkutterrick mentions he hates seeing others getting ripped off, he should mention that a disclaimer was included in the item description once he e-mailed me.   He’s telling a half truth. I would have appreciated if he would have mention I made the correction once informed. That’s what honest people do.

I have nice collection! I have about eight 140 defenders with slings, 7 military model 40 complete with bayonets (rock hard tips)
And 20 double barrels (model 21, 104 and 410). Numerous needle compass buck Jones. I enjoy shooting these guns.

Have a couple of model 104s with no safety holes. 1st addition of the 1st addition of the double barrels

Thank you for allowing me to defend myself
Rhomsey01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhomsey01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2020 at 8:26pm
I was the one who sold the 140 defender box. I was told by another collector it was real. I collect Daisy Military Guns and double barrels. I’m a collector not a businessman. When Keenkutterrick informed me that the box I listed may be a reproduction I immediately added that important information to the “item details”

I don’t pass My problems onto others. It ain’t right.

When keenkutterrick mentions he hates seeing others getting ripped off, he should mention that a disclaimer was included in the item description once he e-mailed me.   He’s telling a half truth. I would have appreciated if he would have mention I made the correction once informed. That’s what honest people do.

I have nice collection! I have about eight 140 defenders with slings, 7 military model 40 complete with bayonets (rock hard tips)
And 20 double barrels (model 21, 104 and 410). Numerous needle compass buck Jones. I enjoy shooting these guns.

Have a couple of model 104s with no safety holes. 1st addition of the 1st addition of the double barrels
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic