Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A collection of 1894s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A collection of 1894s
    Posted: May-27-2018 at 5:56pm
Some of us had the thought that it would be fun to have a thread to which people could submit images of their 1894s.  There are so many varieties of that gun, having a visual catalog would be both fun and challenging.  So I thought I'd start this thread to be that repository.  My thought that as guns get added, I'll update this primary message to list the guns for which pictures have been loaded. Anyone can add, or send me pictures to add. Let's find out if more than 2 people are really interested in this project ;) 

----

Buffalo Bill, Chief of Scouts (regular, as opposed to the Cody Special or the Canadian versions) 
Also a Canadian Buffalo Bill
Also a Buffalo Bill Carbine 
Also a 1846-1996 LE Cody and Buffalo Bill Commemorative. Wood stock, badge with 
                 "1896-1996 Cody Museum" and "1846-1996 Buffalo Bill"
         Also the Cody Museum 1894 only available from the Cody Museum:  
                 "Land of Buffalo Bill" Cody, Wyoming

Sears Golden Boy and Golden Spike.  The official name seems to be the "Ted Williams Model 66"
Also more Golden Boy Octagonal Barrel
Also the round barrel Sears Golden Boy

The Wells Fargo with the silver receiver with black text and stagecoach, and badge in stock.  
        Also the dark receiver version.

A Chrome one?!

An 1894 "Classic", with an interesting silkscreen design

A "Spittin' Image".. the base model 1894?

The Ducks Unlimited "Greenwing" with a Bronze colored receiver
Also a different Ducks Unlimited Greenwing, based on a side safety plastic receiver model. '74?

The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation gun, with chromed lever, loading gate and barrel band, coin inlay on receiver, and silkscreening

One with a factory mounted scope

--Page 2

The Wood Stock guns
Cody and Buffalo Bill LE Commemorative, as above in the Buffalo Bill section
John Wayne Commemorative
Daisy Winchester
Texas Ranger, released as just a carved stock Winchester, and as a set with a special 179
        Friends of the Daisy Museum 2003

The NRA Centennial 1971

The Classic Western Set, packaged with a 179

Commemorative 1894 Limited Edition "In Recognition of the 1894 Carbine 1894-1994"

Texas Ranger, based on a metal sided plastic stock gun, with the Texas Ranger badge silkscreened on the receiver, and a badge in the stock. 73-74?

JC Penny Commemorative 1894, courtesy of John of JGAriguns.biz and the 1985 JC Penny's Christmas catalog

--Known about, but no pictures yet

Wells Fargo, based on a metal sided plastic stock gun, dark receiver with the logo and stagecoach.

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2018 at 6:00pm
My first older Daisy gun.  I still take it out and shoot it from time to time.  Interesting to note that when I rebuilt it 4 (I think) years ago it shot at 270pfs.  Now it is down to 230.  This gun might give a practical guide as to how long those seals can be expected to last.  

Also, the front barrel band is just reflecting a little light in this shot.  It is dark.  But on the Canadian models, that band is as bright as the grip band!

A Canadian Buffalo Bill.  Notice the bright barrel band, front sight, loading door, rear sight ramp, follower...

Here is a side by side of the Canadian and American Buffalo Bills.  The front sight and bb follower are chrome too!

Another Buffalo Bill.  This one is just called 'Carbine', and doesn't have a coin.

Here is the Limited Edition 1846-1996 Commemorative with wood stock and grip.  The Medallion says "1896-1996 Cody Museum" and "1846-1996 Buffalo Bill"

This is the 1894 issued sold only from the Cody Museum.

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2018 at 6:09pm
Golden or Yellow Boy and Golden Spike.  It is possible the Golden Boy was modeled after the Henry of the same name, but that gun had a shiny finish, so I'm not sure how this one earned its name.  The Golden Spike (the shiny version) does seem to be based on the Winchester Golden Spike, a gun made to commemorate the Transcontinental Railroad.  It is possible that there's nothing formal about either of those names, and that's just what some Daisy folk called them, and it stuck!  What do I know.  In any case, these two shared the same Sears stock number: 799.190540

Trying to better show the difference in finishes:

The cursive writing on the barrel is a little different between the two.  It was hard to photograph, but I think this caught it:

Here are more shots of the Golden Boy, or Yellow Boy...

Here is the Round Barrel Sears.  Sorry, it is hard to see that it has a round barrel!  But you can see that it has a barrel band, not a grip end cap like the octagonal guns have.

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 6:39pm
The Wells Fargo:

Here's the dark receiver version:

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2018 at 5:40pm
Here's an odd one, shiny, but no text!  Might have been a one off experiment.  Not bad looking, though!

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2018 at 9:57pm
An 1894 "Classic"

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2018 at 10:06pm
Can't forget the base Spittin Image...

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2018 at 10:23pm
The Ducks Unlimited "Greenwing".  The receiver looks good in Bronze!

There was a second Ducks Unlimited Greenwing, based on a side safety model.

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2018 at 10:35pm
The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation gun.

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2018 at 11:01pm
An 1894 with a factory mounted sight!  For this run Daisy made a different outer barrel with the scope dovetail built into it.  JG has some of those parts in their inventory.  Never mind that the 1894 is a top ejecting gun that could never really have a sight like that :) 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic