Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A collection of 1894s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2019 at 8:24am
The link isn't working. At AA, yng@hrt is "Marty". There, he's selling an 1894 and a couple 880s in one listing and has a WTB for a couple Benjamin's in 2 other listings. I didn't see where he's selling a collection but he may have had such a listing- but it's not there now. Listings time out there pretty quick because of the volume of listings, currently the oldest listing is from 5-25.

I would suggest PMing him through GTA. He's there daily.
nealbone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nealbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2020 at 4:36pm
How can I post a picture of my gun
Bone!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2020 at 6:53pm
You can email it to me and I'd be glad to post it for you.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by nealbone nealbone wrote:

How can I post a picture of my gun
Here it is:

twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2020 at 10:23pm
Cobalt327
      I was going through this post and notice what you said about the 1894's and no LOT #.  they started LOT numbers around the end of 78 or sometime into the 80's before the end of production in 86 of the model 1894.  The gun I'm holding is a newer one and it has a LOT # under the barrel along with the two patent numbers.  The gun is one of the last changes that they did before the end of production.  It has the red dot on the hammer when you cock it back for safety or to fire, also the front of the trigger has a red dot for safety also.  Another change was the rear sight is only one piece of thin metal all the way without the extra piece of metal attached to it at the V notch.  It also has the loading instructions on the butt plate.  The LOT # is  A001671  so it probably was made in January of 1980 (which is the A0)
     Everything else is traditional 1894 and I believe they came out with the side safety switch when it was reintroduced with the safety and loading instructions on the receivers.  I don't care for these guns and don't collect them.
Keep On Plinking
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2020 at 10:59pm
Thank you for that info, I appreciated it. I have made a note of it.

This reminds me- am I remembering correctly that you said there was 1/16" tapoer in the compressiuon chamber, ir was it something different?

Thanks again, Mark
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2020 at 8:06pm
Cobalt327
    That is correct, the taper from the start of the plunger seal to the surface of the abutment seal is 2 1/4 inches long and the barrel tapers 4/64's or 1/16 inch.  I can only measure the difference from the outside of the barrel.  The barrel is 22 gauge thick material.  I'm going to take a bad barrel and cut out a channel in the air chamber and watch the compression of the spring when cocked and see how much more it can handle and see if it is almost completely compressed.
     When the gun is cocked I believe the spring is almost fully compressed, so a longer spring may compress all the way and not allow the cocking lever to engage and hold the plunger back in the firing position.  The spring is preloaded when the anchor spring is put into place after the plunger is installed.  Like you said maybe a couple of washers on the stock spring might allow a little more compression and a harder force on the plunger seal.  The extra power could over time damage or break loose the 6 spot welds on the barrel bushing and then the barrel is subject to damage that not many people can fix easily and the gun will never shoot normal again without the fix.
Keep On Plinking
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2020 at 6:32pm
Wow. 1/8" of taper seems like an awful lot, I thought it was 1/16"! It would seem to me that the piston would be slowed by the increase in friction caused by that much taper.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2020 at 3:33pm
Can anyone shed any light on this 1894- when it was made, is it a 'special edition', or anything else about it? Similar decoration was used during the '70s on other Daisys, for what that's worth...
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2020 at 4:22pm
It was a special edition "STAGECOACH EDITION" made for JC Penny. One sold for $305 on Gun Auction in 2005.

Following is a post by BB1 Shooter on April 23, 2019.

I did some research and found that Daisy did produce the older version 1894 (40 shot model, load BB's in receiver) (vs. the 15 shot Winchester/Daisy 1894, load BB's in the barrel, from the 2000's) with wood stocks. They made a couple of different models of the 1894 with wood.
One was the Buffalo Bill/Cody WY Centennial (1846-1996) with a coin imbedded into the stock. They only made 2,500 of these in 1995-1996. They planned on making 5,000 but ran into problems with the wood and revised it to only 2,500. They had to reissue the certificates that came with the gun to list them as out of 2,500, not 5,000.
They also made a wood stock "Stagecoach" version for JC Penny, but this was limited production (possibly less than 1,000) as store quit sell BB guns around time it was introduced. Member keenkutterrick, may have more info, as he sold one on eBay recently.
Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic